Best movie of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

i started to watch dumb and dumber to the other night but only had time for 5 mins.
As a spoiler it begins with one of them suffering from dementia in a wheelchair for the past 20 years but it turns out he was doing it only for a joke to leap out of the chair after twenty years.
The joke was in the 20 year timing

I really liked Guardians, good fun and complete escapism. Watched Xmen the other day too and was impressed - best of the series so far and almost managed to erase the memory of X3 which was absolute horse.

I watched 'Frank' the other day and thoroughly enjoyed that - weird and dark in places but some stellar performances from Fassbender and Magie Gyllenhaal.

The Hobbit is the next film I'll see at the pics and will probably splash out on full IMAX for that. I'm hoping it's good as it's effectively the last we'll see of Middle Earth in the big screen.

Looking forward to that. Loved the first Hobbit, bit dissapointed in Smaug as grew up reading the book and expected a bit more. Hopefully start of this one will rectify that.

Only watched Boyhood. Great concept and a decent fillum.

Rights it does. 2 scenes in that film will stay with me forever. The Boat sinking and drug overdose. Cinema gold.

I dunno, Jonah Hill stroking himself off onscreen in a room full of people has comedy legs too.

Looking forward to that. Loved the first Hobbit, bit dissapointed in Smaug as grew up reading the book and expected a bit more. Hopefully start of this one will rectify that.
I hated both so won't be paying my money to see this one. As it will be a completely made up and have ridiculously impossible cgi scenes like the goblin crap in moria and made up barrel scene.

Bet you any money bilbo actually takes part in the battle when he gets knocked out and avoids it all.

All the best 'uns been mentioned, but Guardians of the Galaxy just edges it for me. Loved TMNT anarl, mind I fuckin loved the cartoon as a kid.

Interstellar but I also didn't see Wolf of Wall Street until this year so I'm including both

Guardians was my surprise of the year very enjoyable and up there with the best Marvel have produced

I hated both so won't be paying my money to see this one. As it will be a completely made up and have ridiculously impossible cgi scenes like the goblin crap in moria and made up barrel scene.

I really enjoyed them but can't understand why they've went full-CGI on the Orcs and Goblins. I thought the LOTR approach with makeup + limited CGI was more realistic and gruesome looking. He's taken liberties with the story but I'm okay with that - The Hobbit in it's unadulterated form isn't enough to sustain one, never mind three movies IMO.

Add me to the list who didnt see wolf of wallstreet until this year. Went to the cinema with me mate the day before man united away in the semi final to take our minds off the match for a bit, succeeded in its task and was a cracking film. The next day was canny anarl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back