Best rap groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gangstarr
Kmd
Main source
Brand Nubian
Loved the geto boys first album

British rap - hardnoise, son of noise, gunshot.

Last edited:
Went to see him in Newcastle last Thursday. Canny.

Blackalicious are on at The Cluny on the 27th.

Rap is not usually my thing but I can appreciate what some artists have done and Grandmaster Flash is one of the best. I`d have gone to that if I hadn`t been so busy last week and this week with other music stuff.
I wanted to see Jimmy Cliff a few weeks ago but just couldn`t fit it in.

Rap is not usually my thing but I can appreciate what some artists have done and Grandmaster Flash is one of the best. I`d have gone to that if I hadn`t been so busy last week and this week with other music stuff.
I wanted to see Jimmy Cliff a few weeks ago but just couldn`t fit it in.
I was at Jimmy cliff like, it was a cracking night, couldn't believe the energy he still has :eek:

puba was/is immense, when he dropped he came with a style like no one else and made a lot of mc's think about how they rhymed, top class.

also, 3rd bass
poor righteous teachers
hijack
the bar

by the way, flash is rubbish, had nowt at all to do with the song the message apart from having his name on it.

puba was/is immense, when he dropped he came with a style like no one else and made a lot of mc's think about how they rhymed, top class.

also, 3rd bass
poor righteous teachers
hijack
the bar

by the way, flash is rubbish, had nowt at all to do with the song the message apart from having his name on it.

Anar man. It was a decent night last week because there were enough people prepared to make a good night of it, but being honest his set was a bit odd.

• The Roots
  • J5
  • Beastie Boys
  • Run DMC
  • Common
  • Ugly Duckling
  • (Early) Spearhead (their later "Michael Franti and Spearhead" stuff is still class IMO but they are more of a multi-influence pop band these days)
  • Disposable Heroes of Hiphopricy
  • Action Bronson
  • People Under the Stairs
  • Dilated Peoples

forgot to mention the souls of mischief and the freestyle fellowship, both class, saw FF once and they were unreal live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back