Best Sci-Fi film of the last 20yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it's the latest predator film isnt it?

To many to mention for me. I spend many an evening flicking through HD cinema sci-fi section wondering what to watch again.

Has anyone mentioned original Andromeda Strain (70's version)

Overall though some right gems are unfortunate to end up as low budget. I.e great idea, thought provoking but sadly not quite what it could of been.

Anyone can write a story about a space ship with laser guns fighting some aliens.

Edit - anyone know where there is a safe version of 2010 space odesey. He cinema and shoes box only have 2001

Ha bloody spell check. HD cinema and Show Box :evil:
Aye mate, surprisingly enough loads of people have mentioned the 1970's andromeda strain as the best sci-fi film of the last 20 years.

Nah, it's the latest predator film isnt it?

Aye mate, surprisingly enough loads of people have mentioned the 1970's andromeda strain as the best sci-fi film of the last 20 years.
Posted from a DeLorean marra, really getting into the spirit of things....

[QUOTE="Sounds like the Long Walk which was a Stephen King short story...

[/QUOTE]

It was "The Human Race", and, frankly, it should be on an "Interesting but not paticularly good sci fi films" thread, now I've had my memory woken up.

It was "The Human Race", and, frankly, it should be on an "Interesting but not paticularly good sci fi films" thread, now I've had my memory woken up.
Looked it up, sounds interesting. Might give it a go!

Interstellar.
Moon.
District 9.
Fifth Element.
Matrix (Although it has aged poorly)

Just seen the mist mentioned as well, quality fillum.

Last edited:
I don't think there has been any classics but noteable mentions from me for...

District 9
Interstellar
Pitch Black
Star Trek
Fifth Element
Edge of Tomorrow
Prometheus
Gravity
Guardians of the Galaxy
Minority Report
Looper
Was looking to see if anyone had mentioned Looper. Really enjoyed that. About to start on bbc2 anarl

I really like "The Hat" ok it went on for 4 hours and was basically people running about going ....look its a hat. got to be better than the new star wars (was a fan)

Cant stand The Matrix, I've tried but just struggle to get into it. Not the best but two of me faves are Starship Troopers and a Charlies Sheen film called The Arrival.

Watched about half an hour of it and turned in off, which I never do, think it was the first film since 'White Chicks' that I just couldn't bring myself to watch after starting it.
Soz you didn't like it, marra - I thought it was a very funny film and it has a great soundtrack, too... White Chicks was shite, though, marra...

You need to got back further than 20 years man !!!

Far better and more ground breaking stuff than half the shite that comes out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back