Bird eating spider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They reckon that the average human in Britain has appx. 800 spiders crawling all over their face at any given point during an evening.

That's during the summer like, it drops a bit in the colder months.
they go in your mouth then to keep warm

sure JW's fatha used to have a snake, he should be hardened to these abominations.

Snakes are nowt man.

Snakes, scorpions, sharks, crocs etc - couldn't give a fuck. They don't bother me one bit.

Spiders? Nah they can all fuck off, devious, horrible, intrusive little bastards

There was a story on the radio about some scientist who was in a rainforest at night and heard what he thought was a small mammal. Turned his flashlight on and saw this fucker. Now, I'm not scared of spiders, but I reckon this would make me run a mile.
Logon or register to see this image

A horse came alongside me last week, that was so much bigger than my hand that I couldn't even get them both in the same shot. A whole can of Raid didn't even shift the fucker. I had to take a week off on the sick.

There was a story on the radio about some scientist who was in a rainforest at night and heard what he thought was a small mammal. Turned his flashlight on and saw this fucker. Now, I'm not scared of spiders, but I reckon this would make me run a mile.

The thing about one that big, if you run it'll probably catch you.

I posted this already on the spider thread a few months ago but, I saw half of one of these once.

I was on holiday in Cuba, I was taking a short cut over some grass outside our hotel and almost stepped on it. It saw me coming 1st and when I looked down to see what was moving, I just caught the last half of it's body and 4 or 5 legs disappearing down a hole in the ground I presumed was its home.

I nearly f***ing shit,I must have done the biggest girly change of direction jump of all time, I couldn't believe how big it was and my brain was almost trying to say "it can't have been a spider... Too big. Must have been a huge crab that's nowhere near the sea"

Anyway I told the barman about it and he said it was a bird eating spider, he'd seen a few over the years at night, never during the day though. A few beers later, nerves calmed a bit I went back with all the English blokes from round the pool and a big stick to try and bother it out the hole so we could get pics of it. I must have tried every day for the rest of the holiday but we couldn't get it to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back