Bradford City fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son mentioned this to me not so long back and asked why there isn't a bigger deal made about it seeing as how big a tragedy it was. I honestly couldn't give him an answer. Terrible event and still shocking to watch all these years later.

I'm kind of lucky to be able to go to grounds nowadays and not have any fear of this happening, really horrible stuff. I asked my dad last year 'Hillsborough gets loads of stuff about it, which I can understand because of what happened, this hardly got any mention, this was just as bad' He had no idea

First time I have seen that, awful. Can't believe the amount of idiots signing and dancing while it happened

Odsal...Bradford Bulls ground.

I'm sure I read that we played there once.

we did. it was in the league cup iirc.

i can't believe it happened that long ago, like others i can remember it being on the news as though it was yesterday. such a sad loss of life.

we played Bradford in the league at Leeds road

we did. it was in the league cup iirc.

i can't believe it happened that long ago, like others i can remember it being on the news as though it was yesterday. such a sad loss of life.
Not league cup, simod iirc

That was so tragic.

Fitting that we won the Div 2 title there 2 seasons ago and the game marked the anniversary.
Dead proud of the Swindon fans who stood with scarfs aloft to pay respect.
My two boys placed flowers before the game beside the memorial to be met with Bradford fans giving them a hug.
Not ashamed I shed a tear.
A father and his two sons were a casualty that day it just made me think of the unthinkable.

RIP .... Fellow Supporters.

Heartbreaking, that poor man engulfed in flames just walking along the side of the pitch.

Remember watching it unfold on the T like I did Hillsborough. You don't expect anyone to go to a football game and not come home.

Where did Bradford play the next season? Still at Valley Parade with just the 3 stands or did they move for a year?[/QUOTE
They played at various west yorkshire grounds. I saw sheff united beat them at elland road, but they played at Leeds Road and Odsal too. Those nice Leeds supporters/thugs decided Ito remind them of the tragedy by setting fire to a chip stall at Odsal!

Freddie the Greek said:
Where did Bradford play the next season? Still at Valley Parade with just the 3 stands or did they move for a year?
They played at various West Yorkshire grounds. I saw Sheff united beat them at Elland Road but they played at Odsal and Leeds Road too. The Leeds fans decided it would be a good idea to set fire to a chip van at Odsal in 1986 to remind Bradford fans of the tragedy. Scum!

Last edited:
That is f***ing horrible, I remember watching it in the house, no idea why I wasnt at our game, a true disaster
We were already relegated, maybe that's why you weren't there, no shame there was plenty that wasn't there, I remember getting in the house and watching the news in disbelief, f***ing terrible tragedy that and unlike Hillsborough, was quickly forgotten by the media. RIP to those who fell that day

Horrendous day. We lost 2-1 at home to Ipswich and I got a bollocking of a polis for something I didn't even bloody do. We were already relegated iirc. Got home and it was all over the tv I couldn't bring myself to watch and still can't.

Heartbreaking, that poor man engulfed in flames just walking along the side of the pitch.

Remember watching it unfold on the T like I did Hillsborough. You don't expect anyone to go to a football game and not come home.
Horrific. Absolutely horrific. Did the poor guy survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back