Buckers Bridders and rodders

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we make two or three further quality signings before the transfer window shuts in FOUR AND A HALF WEEKS time, then these statements will be true. Nobody on here knows how many deals we may or may not be working on, so calm down and stop pissing your knickers. September is the time to moan if we haven't sufficiently improved the squad.
Absolutely this.

Do you think they are or will you wait to see how they play ....... I will.

There are certainly question marks over all three and I think it's more than acceptable to offer a view based on how they've performed elsewhere recently, their recent or long term injury concerns and the fee we paid for them. My own view is that these three are indeed more of the same and not an upgrade on what we had......but I may well be wrong on that.

There are certainly question marks over all three and I think it's more than acceptable to offer a view based on how they've performed elsewhere recently, their recent or long term injury concerns and the fee we paid for them. My own view is that these three are indeed more of the same and not an upgrade on what we had......but I may well be wrong on that.

I think I'm a good judge of a player but thought SKP looked out of his depth and that Altidore would come good.

When all said & done I've little option but to trust Short & Advocaat.

I just prefer not to rail against the world and work myself up over it .......... que sera, sera ;)

I think I'm a good judge of a player but thought SKP looked out of his depth and that Altidore would come good.

When all said & done I've little option but to trust Short & Advocaat.

I just prefer not to rail against the world and work myself up over it .......... que sera, sera ;)

You seem to think I'm working myself up though when I'm merely and rationally (based on what has actually happened) offering my views on how we've done so far, the likelihood of being able to strengthen further giving the limitations imposed by FFP and offering that up against what the head coach (not me) said he needed to take the job.

“If they are not clear on the need to invest, then I had better leave.

“This squad needs five or six good players. It doesn’t need quantity, it needs quality. That is what is important, and it is the only way to change things.

“The owner has said that he wants to be challenging for ninth or 10th on a regular basis, and even a little bit higher.

"You have to invest to do that because otherwise you have no chance. You have to invest, and then you can build"

We've definitely signed one of those "quality" players (Lens) and i'll give you Kaboul as another but the other two are merely "quantity".

You seem to think I'm working myself up though when I'm merely and rationally (based on what has actually happened) offering my views on how we've done so far, the likelihood of being able to strengthen further giving the limitations imposed by FFP and offering that up against what the head coach (not me) said he needed to take the job.

We'll you seem more worked up than me to be fair, mebbe's wrong though.

My point is that I'm just as aware and rational as you but prefer to wait for concrete evidence before making my mind up.

I'm not deluded or wearing rosey specs, just hoping for the best because, in reality, that's all we can really do.

Wish we could get the 3 of them off the books and £10m back.

I think it's the wages that are the key.

I think we'll find any way to get them out, by loans etc, to free up money for new signings.

Sadly for us expectant supporters a lot of deals will be done in the last week of the window.

We'll you seem more worked up than me to be fair, mebbe's wrong though.

My point is that I'm just as aware and rational as you but prefer to wait for concrete evidence before making my mind up.

I'm not deluded or wearing rosey specs, just hoping for the best because, in reality, that's all we can really do.

Don't you agree though that if we were having this chat in the pub with mates views would be offered on current progress, potential problems, club strategy and historical precedents. That's all we're doing here......a cyber-pub chat......offering opinions.....but some people seem to take umbrage at anyone who's less than 100% bullish about the club.

I'll fetch the suitcase from the van,
Cos when you want the best uns, but don't ask questions,
Then rodders he's the man,
Bridcutt and Buckley are both mysteries,
Here to help our prestigious history,
But heres the one that's driving me berserk,
What the fuck does our lee do for work?

la la la la la, la la la la la

:lol:......last nights "chemical enhancements" still in the system?

Don't you agree though that if we were having this chat in the pub with mates views would be offered on current progress, potential problems, club strategy and historical precedents. That's all we're doing here......a cyber-pub chat......offering opinions.....but some people seem to take umbrage at anyone who's less than 100% bullish about the club.

:lol:......last nights "chemical enhancements" still in the system?

May as well laugh as cry mate, it's a fkng shambles like :lol:

I think that's an exaggeration to be fair.

I don't believe these people exist, no matter how much they're 'quoted' on here. IMO no one is 100% bullish and no one expects others to be.

What people like me, and others, take umbrage to are those who churn out relentless negativity about anything SAFC.

There isn't one aspect of the club that they don't rush to have a go at from the outfits of the lasses in the club shop to the colour of the goal nets.

I'm not lumping you in with them but in my humble opinion you can't have your cake and eat it.

As there's a month, of the window, left it's impossible to say anything about 'broken promises'.

It's like suing someone for breaking a marriage contract a month before the wedding ;)

I think that's an exaggeration to be fair.

I don't believe these people exist, no matter how much they're 'quoted' on here. IMO no one is 100% bullish and no one expects others to be.

What people like me, and others, take umbrage to are those who churn out relentless negativity about anything SAFC.

There isn't one aspect of the club that they don't rush to have a go at from the outfits of the lasses in the club shop to the colour of the goal nets.

I'm not lumping you in with them but in my humble opinion you can't have your cake and eat it.

As there's a month, of the window, left it's impossible to say anything about 'broken promises'.

It's like suing someone for breaking a marriage contract a month before the wedding ;)

Sticking with your marriage analogy, don't you think the FFP caveat being thrown suddenly into the equation is a bit like the bridegroom having a quickie with one of the bridesmaids.......ie it could well be the event that leads to one suing the other further down the line.

Sticking with your marriage analogy, don't you think the FFP caveat being thrown suddenly into the equation is a bit like the bridegroom having a quickie with one of the bridesmaids.......ie it could well be the event that leads to one suing the other further down the line.

It hasn't been suddenly thrown in though has it?

It hasn't been suddenly thrown in though has it?

Well, I knew it was always going to rear it's ugly head.....which is one of the reasons I'm cynical about the club's intentions to provide Advocaat with what he's asked for. The muti-page thread on the board about the subject seems to have stirred up a bit of a hornet's nest though. The reality of the situation is the club allowed everyone to think that they would deliver on Advocaat's demands when in effect the ability to deliver was largely out of their hands......ie you can't make other clubs buy the players we don't want.

Well, I knew it was always going to rear it's ugly head.....which is one of the reasons I'm cynical about the club's intentions to provide Advocaat with what he's asked for. The muti-page thread on the board about the subject seems to have stirred up a bit of a hornet's nest though. The reality of the situation is the club allowed everyone to think that they would deliver on Advocaat's demands when in effect the ability to deliver was largely out of their hands......ie you can't make other clubs buy the players we don't want.

That's my point mate, it's always been there and no one's ever denied it.

That's my point mate, it's always been there and no one's ever denied it.

Which is why I'm "discussing" the ability of the club to strengthen further with people who seem to think it's only a matter of time before the "quality" is brought in and anyone who thinks there may be a problem with that viewpoint is a fanny or a bedwetter. As it stands I'd say there's more chance of no more quality players coming in than the opposite.

Which is why I'm "discussing" the ability of the club to strengthen further with people who seem to think it's only a matter of time before the "quality" is brought in and anyone who thinks there may be a problem with that viewpoint is a fanny or a bedwetter. As it stands I'd say there's more chance of no more quality players coming in than the opposite.
A fool and their money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back