Cardiff Away / Good Friday Fixtures

From Sunderland ? How many points you reckon you’ve got 🤣🤣

Spoons is full of Sunderland …. As per 🤣
From Easington, 15 minute stop at Tamworth.
Was just steady away hit no traffic at all except round Newport next to Celtic Manor.
Was doing about 80 on the motorway other than the average speed camera bits.
Hopefully have the same luck driving back today.

I’ve booked Cardiff to Bristol Parkway, Bristol Parkway to Peterborough as it’s the cheapest way of getting to London as we’re already booked on the 15:00 from London to Newcastle.
Our journey has worked out perfectly. Has cost £3.45 each to get home from Cardiff and arrived on time. 50% refund from Cardiff to Bristol Parkway, 100% refund from Bristol Parkway to Peterborough as over 60 mins delay and complimentary 1st class tickets from London Kings Cross to Newcastle as rewards for all of our custom this season.

Set off 12noon Thu, got there (Cardiff Bay) for 5.30, in the pub on St Marys St by 6.30.
Slow walk down to the ground at 11.30am through Canton and a few pubs, missed the heavy rain just.
Hid in the bus depot from the rain after game then back into town for the From the Jam gig.
Roads pretty clear today, just under 5 hrs home.

Great few days.

Thought the Cardiff fans were a real friendly bunch before and after the game. One tried to get a bit lippy in Caroline St last night (full of ale) but all his mates slapped him down. Had a great night/day drinking with various groups.

Last edited:
Leaving tomorrow morning, great weekend in a great city would definitely come back next season. My youngest still had his SAFC top on today and the locals have been fab with him.

Set off 12noon Thu, got there (Cardiff Bay) for 5.30, in the pub on St Marys St by 6.30.
Slow walk down to the ground at 11.30am through Canton and a few pubs, missed the heavy rain just.
Hid in the bus depot from the rain after game then back into town for the From the Jam gig.
Roads pretty clear today, just under 5 hrs home.

Great few days.

Thought the Cardiff fans were a real friendly bunch before and after the game. One tried to get a bit lippy in Caroline St last night (full of ale) but all his mates slapped him down. Had a great night/day drinking with various groups.

What did you think of From the Jam ?

I wasn’t that impressed but I was mortal by the time it started 🤣🤣

What did you think of From the Jam ?

I wasn’t that impressed but I was mortal by the time it started 🤣🤣
Yeah I was half cut but but enjoyed it tbf (I was front and centre so that helped). The Skids being on was a big surprise to, bumped into an old mate from Cardiff in Gassys before hand and he said they were on too so legged it and caught them too.

Back