Cattermole

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll probably get slated for saying it but we need better then Cattermole in the middle of the park, the lad is a trier but he's never going to get you goals and it still worrying the amount of times he get caught with the ball and loses it...I don't mind playing the lad away from home but if we are ever going to have a better home record we need a Midfield playmaker who can get into the box and score

Not really no. First half we were a bit all over the shop with Lens starting right and Johnson left, then swapping, then swapping again and again and again - we often had more men in central midfield and only one wide or on a few occasions Lens and Johnson on the same side. With Rodwell and Catts we had two players trying to move the ball side to side with little or no penetration and only Defoe dropping in as some kind of advanced midfielder/forward. As a result Catts and Rodwell and the midfield as a whole wasn't really functioning, two men essentially looking to play a deeper role. We got better towards the end of the first half when on the right Lens played a good ball forward for a move which seemed to give him confidence, then we swapped Johnson and Lens around leaving Lens on the left, where he started to run at the fullback at every opportunity. But that was around 30 mins or so, then we subbed Catts at half time. Certainly didnt have much of an impact.

I'll probably get slated for saying it but we need better then Cattermole in the middle of the park, the lad is a trier but he's never going to get you goals and it still worrying the amount of times he get caught with the ball and loses it...I don't mind playing the lad away from home but if we are ever going to have a better home record we need a Midfield playmaker who van get into the box and score
:lol: what a ridiculous post.
Surely if we sign a playmaker Catts will be alongside him giving him the ball man

:lol: what a ridiculous post.
Surely if we sign a playmaker Catts will be alongside him giving him the ball man

I don't think its ridiculous and that he has a point. He tends to play well in high-intensity game against better opposition and more poorly against sides who allow us to have the ball, before breaking of which there are a lot, particularly at home in this league.

He was poor tonight but I wouldn't write him off. Still streets ahead of Bridcutt and Rodwell as a defensive midfielder.

Not really no. First half we were a bit all over the shop with Lens starting right and Johnson left, then swapping, then swapping again and again and again - we often had more men in central midfield and only one wide or on a few occasions Lens and Johnson on the same side. With Rodwell and Catts we had two players trying to move the ball side to side with little or no penetration and only Defoe dropping in as some kind of advanced midfielder/forward. As a result Catts and Rodwell and the midfield as a whole wasn't really functioning, two men essentially looking to play a deeper role. We got better towards the end of the first half when on the right Lens played a good ball forward for a move which seemed to give him confidence, then we swapped Johnson and Lens around leaving Lens on the left, where he started to run at the fullback at every opportunity. But that was around 30 mins or so, then we subbed Catts at half time. Certainly didnt have much of an impact.

That's a pretty accurate summary of the game. Johnson started the game in the centre though with Defoe/Fletcher out on the Left wing and Lens to the Right. It seemed a bit of a strange setup but I'm guessing he wanted to see how Johnson would do in the centre. Maybe he's thinking he could be our creative midfielder? (hope not because we desperately need to buy/loan someone)

I'll probably get slated for saying it but we need better then Cattermole in the middle of the park, the lad is a trier but he's never going to get you goals and it still worrying the amount of times he get caught with the ball and loses it...I don't mind playing the lad away from home but if we are ever going to have a better home record we need a Midfield playmaker who can get into the box and score
I slate you.

I've said this for a while
He looks good against the better sides as it suits his game when we are under pressure. When we have to play against our standard of teams and attack and create at home he is left wanting. I say we should sell if the right offer comes in and replace with a brain

Cattermole is slow but we could do a lot worse.
Given our transfer history we would sell him and end up with another Birdcrap or Chodwell. You just know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back