Cattermole

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's a pretty accurate summary of the game. Johnson started the game in the centre though with Defoe/Fletcher out on the Left wing and Lens to the Right. It seemed a bit of a strange setup but I'm guessing he wanted to see how Johnson would do in the centre. Maybe he's thinking he could be our creative midfielder? (hope not because we desperately need to buy/loan someone)

Yeah it was a strange set up with players seemingly moving around, maybe in a bit to be more fluid which just created a bit of a mess. I was a bit frustrated with Johnson again, we seem to be looking towards him (or he sees himself) as some kind of ball playing winger/midfielder and rarely takes the option to run at people, which through his career has been his one main strength.

I'll probably get slated for saying it but we need better then Cattermole in the middle of the park, the lad is a trier but he's never going to get you goals and it still worrying the amount of times he get caught with the ball and loses it...I don't mind playing the lad away from home but if we are ever going to have a better home record we need a Midfield playmaker who can get into the box and score
What a load of shit, yes we need a creative goalscoring midfielder, but u don't replace a defensive midfielder with 1 !!!

Was only so-so yesterday and still has this habit of holding onto the ball for far too long and stagnating play, three or four times last night runs were being made and he's either not mentally quick enough or just plain dithering to ping the ball first time, as a team we need to think and move quicker and he's one of the main culprits I'm afraid, still our best player without the ball mind.

Was only so-so yesterday and still has this habit of holding onto the ball for far too long and stagnating play, three or four times last night runs were being made and he's either not mentally quick enough or just plain dithering to ping the ball first time, as a team we need to think and move quicker and he's one of the main culprits I'm afraid, still our best player without the ball mind.
What you have said said in regards to taking too long on the ball is what I've been saying for years about him and why he'll never climb any higher than a club like us. He's a great trier and leaves everything on the pitch but people talking about England are well wide of mark mind.

Our best and most important player and it seems absolutely mental to me that some people would think getting rid of Cattermole as a positive move.

If by best you mean most talented, he isn't

Class the last 2 seasons, not excellent in a couple of friendlys = flog him we need better.

Get a grip you bunch of cockless fairys.

That's a very romanticised view. He hasn't been 'class' for 2 seasons. He's had some very good games and been the heartbeat of the team but, that's generally with regards to staying in games, not actually being pivotal in changing a loss into a draw or draw into a win.

If by best you mean most talented, he isn't

That's a very romanticised view. He hasn't been 'class' for 2 seasons. He's had some very good games and been the heartbeat of the team but, that's generally with regards to staying in games, not actually being pivotal in changing a loss into a draw or draw into a win.

Without him wed of been relegated both times. Simple as.

No I mean best as in most effective and most important.

He is with regards to momentum and 'keeping what we've got' ie clinging into points when under pressure but, I'd say the most important players are the ones who can change a game positively - Johnson or Defoe, for example. It's just my opinion mind.

I thought Rodwell was bought for the creativeness and penetration?
Catts is very good at what he is asked to do, getting in the way, breaking down the attacks and leading by example in the right way. He was a liability in his discipline but he seems to have tidied that up slightly.
He's not going to give you 10 goals but neither does any of our forwards and that's their job. 1st name on the team sheet and should have the arm band too

I'll probably get slated for saying it but we need better then Cattermole in the middle of the park, the lad is a trier but he's never going to get you goals and it still worrying the amount of times he get caught with the ball and loses it...I don't mind playing the lad away from home but if we are ever going to have a better home record we need a Midfield playmaker who can get into the box and score
We do need a midfield playmaker, as everyone knows. To play alongside Cattermole, the playmaker replaces Rodwell/Gomez.

I can't honestly believe there a people calling for him to be sold! :eek:

"He doesn't score goals" - that's not what he is there to do FFS!

He's been the first name on the team sheet for both Gus and Dick - that is no coincidence! We're a soft touch without him in midfield the points earned with and without him in the starting line up prove this.

:lol:

We play 3 in centre mid

why can't we have Cattermole and 2 others who do this

Strange post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back