Cattermole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class the last 2 seasons, not excellent in a couple of friendlys = flog him we need better.

Get a grip you bunch of cockless fairys.

Class? Really? He has driven our team on during our relegation battles with a bit steel and determination but that's about it.

"he doesn;t score enough goals"

:lol: FFS

Exaclty. Should be "he just doesn't score, ever, at all". We have had keepers not far off his goal tally for his time here.

Class? Really? He has driven our team on during our relegation battles with a bit steel and determination but that's about it.

Exaclty. Should be "he just doesn't score, ever, at all". We have had keepers not far off his goal tally for his time here.
It shouldn't be "he just doesn't score, ever, at all" as that is completely untrue .

Stop being silly

I just think he needs playing where Seb is. His 2 main weaknesses are giving the ball away under pressure and dodgy last ditch tackles. If he was played a bit further up he wouldn't be at risk of doing either of those 2 things as much. He was excellent when he had Cana playing DM behind him. He should be the one charging down the opposition defenders, pressurising them into sloppy passes to fall to Lens, Defoe, AJ etc to punish. Does my nut in when the oppositions defence just pass the ball about along the back line while our lot just stand off watching. Rodwell should be in the DM slot and told to drop straight into defence when the fullbacks are pushing forward, turning the 4-3-3 into a 3-4-3 when attacking. Cattermole is more a box to box midfielder than Seb or Rodwell, and Rodwell is a defensive mid who could drop into the defence to head and clog into the stands balls from counter attacks all day. Wish we'd tried it during pre-season at the very least.

I never once suggested getting rid of him, I like him but we need something else in that midfield alongside him. It's also not tosh as how many of those games did we come from behind to draw?
As I said, he's very good at helping us keep what we have, when our backs are against the wall but we need to get into that position and indeed better ones with someone who can change the angle of the ball when teams are compact in front of us.

I said partial-tosh, it was just 'doesn't turn losses into draws' I disagree with. Probably a good idea having him rested for the 'must win' home games against weaker opposition, saving him for the backs-to-the-wall stuff and away games.

I said partial-tosh, it was just 'doesn't turn losses into draws' I disagree with. Probably a good idea having him rested for the 'must win' home games against weaker opposition, saving him for the backs-to-the-wall stuff and away games.

I'm bot sure aid rest him at all mate it's just, when we play weaker opposition they let him and Larsson have the ball, knowing we probably won't hurt them. If and when we get so etching different in midfield if should work well with those two doing the graft to recycle the ball (I hate that phrase)

I'm bot sure aid rest him at all mate it's just, when we play weaker opposition they let him and Larsson have the ball, knowing we probably won't hurt them. If and when we get so etching different in midfield if should work well with those two doing the graft to recycle the ball (I hate that phrase)

We'll never know fer sure until we bring someone in, I guess. Shame Giacciarini hasn't worked out so far, I thought he could have been the start of our change in fortunes. Which is also a cringeworthy phrase.

I just think he needs playing where Seb is. His 2 main weaknesses are giving the ball away under pressure and dodgy last ditch tackles. If he was played a bit further up he wouldn't be at risk of doing either of those 2 things as much. He was excellent when he had Cana playing DM behind him. He should be the one charging down the opposition defenders, pressurising them into sloppy passes to fall to Lens, Defoe, AJ etc to punish. Does my nut in when the oppositions defence just pass the ball about along the back line while our lot just stand off watching. Rodwell should be in the DM slot and told to drop straight into defence when the fullbacks are pushing forward, turning the 4-3-3 into a 3-4-3 when attacking. Cattermole is more a box to box midfielder than Seb or Rodwell, and Rodwell is a defensive mid who could drop into the defence to head and clog into the stands balls from counter attacks all day. Wish we'd tried it during pre-season at the very least.
Agreed. Always think he's better as an out and out centre midfielder rather than just a holding one.

As much as I like the lad and think he's a good player, far too often last season he became a complete non-entity in a match as soon as we went a goal down.

We have several priorities ahead of replacing Catts!
Incredible thread, he was our best player in quite a few games last season

Of the starting 11 last year he was in our top two or three performers. So if you want rid of him you're gonna need to replace the whole f***ing team.

S
I'll probably get slated for saying it but we need better then Cattermole in the middle of the park, the lad is a trier but he's never going to get you goals and it still worrying the amount of times he get caught with the ball and loses it...I don't mind playing the lad away from home but if we are ever going to have a better home record we need a Midfield playmaker who can get into the box and score
Slated and rightly so

I wish his ability was as good as his enthusiasm .
You haven't watched him very often have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back