Cheapskates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like a little patience and hope to make the transfer window pass faster.

£10m these days is peanuts, particularly for quality English talent.

It's not just the transfer fee here, its also a question of wages. If we are not prepared to spend on both then we need a much, much better scouting system to winkle out hidden gems. Seems we lack on many fronts.
You do lack on many fronts ian, I'm sure mr mcclaren will sort you out though.

The sorts of responses I expected from many of the uneducated morons on here.

The more intellectual types will sit back, appraise a potential argument (if there is one) and the come back with a reasoned, well presented response. Most of you just seem able to respond with profanity and idiotic remarks but I forgive you, you are not responsible for your upbringing.

The more intellectual types will sit back, appraise a potential argument (if there is one) and the come back with a reasoned, well presented response. Most of you just seem able to respond with profanity and idiotic remarks but I forgive you, you are not responsible for your upbringing.
:lol:

RAOS

£10m these days is peanuts, particularly for quality English talent.

It's not just the transfer fee here, its also a question of wages. If we are not prepared to spend on both then we need a much, much better scouting system to winkle out hidden gems. Seems we lack on many fronts.
Aye cos Defoe is on peanuts.

What time does your carer get back?

OK then. We are comfortably in the top 10 in transfer spend and wages paid in the last few years, and we make a loss every year that the Chairman has (so far) covered out of his pocket.

All of which makes your OP a complete load of bollocks.

Cheers.

He was referring to you.

Nobody knows what is happening behind the scenes but Advocaat has come out yesterday saying there was a very productive meeting with the president and funds will be made available for transfer.

So let's wait and see eh?

O Ian o , granted we have on numerous ( if not every season) occasion spectacularly failed in our attempts to improve. However I wholeheartedly disagree with the cheapskate comment. Yes it's true the spending has reduced , but forcibly so. You can not say that all the managers in recent years haven't been backed, just poor players!!!

Aye cos Defoe is on peanuts.
One player does not make team or a squad.

Geographically we are not best placed to attract the quality we need so there has to be a bigger carrot and money is the only one that will attract the type of players we need.

SAFC are cheapskates yet Ellis Short expects us not to be fighting relegation every year.

The manager/coach always gets the blame but he is not a miracle worker.

Take sack cloth to a tailor you'll get a sack cloth suit, not a Saville Row one.

Firstly, there wouldn't be many £20million players who would actually want to come to Sunderland given how bad we've done over the past few seasons.

Secondly, we have zero idea how much Congerton and Dick have to spend.

Thirdly, we have already spent money so far? Some haven't spent anything.

For me forth point, we are only In the first of July, why should we be panic buying when there's loads of time to actually plan signings?

One player does not make team or a squad.

Geographically we are not best placed to attract the quality we need so there has to be a bigger carrot and money is the only one that will attract the type of players we need.
Why don't you stop whinging and just turn up and support the team from August 8th?

He was referring to you.

Nobody knows what is happening behind the scenes but Advocaat has come out yesterday saying there was a very productive meeting with the president and funds will be made available for transfer.

So let's wait and see eh?
I know he was referring to me, I just batted it back.

Go back 12 months and same posters were calling posters bedwetters who expressed there concerns and that was a golden transfer window wasn't it! :rolleyes:
We have no idea what will transpire but the OP should know that you aren't allowed to have any concerns about sunderland on this board.

There's nothing worse than someone so obviously lacking in intelligence insulting other users of this forum. There are however quite a few idiots posting on this forum, something so perfectly illustrated by the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back