Ched Evans signing for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look in the Poolie Bunker, ffs the town's Mp has just been on SSN criticising it.

The town's MP should be hung (no pun intended) for the way he's left the town to rot. Walked round the shopping centre today, what a depressing sad state it is, full of empty shops. Fully aware he goes to the games, but his crime of allowing the town centre to rot is disgusting

I read the bunker a lot and I know a lot of the people on their. The HUFC in the blue forum has mixed opinions and like I say, people at the match stood where I was in the Town End (same people who all have season tickets) just desperate for a goal scorer. It will cause plenty of debate but I've heard yes and no arguments pretty much all day about this from people who count.... the paying fans of Hartlepool.

miscarriages of justice do happen. I'm not saying this case is, but just because he was convicted doesn't mean he did what he's accused of.
And purely going on what I've read on the case, I'm not convinced it's 'beyond all reasonable doubt' (that's not to say he could've done it)

I'm happy to accept the judge and jury's decision. They have more information than every single person on this thread.

The town's MP should be hung (no pun intended) for the way he's left the town to rot. Walked round the shopping centre today, what a depressing sad state it is, full of empty shops. Fully aware he goes to the games, but his crime of allowing the town centre to rot is disgusting

I read the bunker a lot and I know a lot of the people on their. The HUFC in the blue forum has mixed opinions and like I say, people at the match stood where I was in the Town End (same people who all have season tickets) just desperate for a goal scorer. It will cause plenty of debate but I've heard yes and no arguments pretty much all day about this from people who count.... the paying fans of Hartlepool.
Contrary to what Gimpetto claims, I don't support Pools. I know plenty of lads who do and some travel to every away game, and I mean every one.
Pools would get over the stigma of signing Ched Evans a damn sight quicker than they would get over relegation to the Conference League, so for me, it's a no brainer.
You are dead right about the shopping centre, it's now on a par with Sunderland's.

It isn't a case of siding with Evans though. He may (or may not ) be as guilty as hell for raping/planning a rape - you can decide for yourself that he is/isn't a complete ****. The point many of us are making is that we let the legal system (for better or worse) decide on what happened and to punish as it sees fit. As I said earlier, if the punishment is fifty five years in jail -then fine. BUT once the punishment is over then let the person get on with their life. You don't have to punish the person for ever and a day.

A bit unfair to question our morals.
I haven't read a post from you of the type I was referring to. There are some on here who've been intimating that as she was a drunken slapper she deserved what she got. Apologies if I offended you.
On the subject of rehabitation into the workplace, then he has the right to find gainful employment. Any business, though is entitled to turn him down, if they so wish, and shouldn't be vilified if they take that stance. They have to weigh up the pros and cons ( no, that's not a pun), and decide for themselves whether it's worth it.

Contrary to what Gimpetto claims, I don't support Pools. I know plenty of lads who do and some travel to every away game, and I mean every one.
Pools would get over the stigma of signing Ched Evans a damn sight quicker than they would get over relegation to the Conference League, so for me, it's a no brainer.
You are dead right about the shopping centre, it's now on a par with Sunderland's.

I probably know the same lads as you do. It's certainly causing debate already though. I've watch Pools for 21 years as much as I can home and the odd away game. They played well today.

1st time I've been down the shopping centre for a long time and the amount of empty shops is disgraceful.

It's not often a player of Evans ability is available for a club like Hartlepool.

He was in the PFA Championship Team of the year last time and although it will take him time to get back to match fitness, He's got a proven track record of scoring goals and Hartlepool are desperate and need goals.

Ched also has the right not to be stalked by women in the hope that they can cling onto him and live a wag lifestyle.

That really is pathetic. You can't even vaguely compare the two. Poor Jed, poor footballers. What a terrible life they lead, my heart bleeds for them.

I haven't read a post from you of the type I was referring to. There are some on here who've been intimating that as she was a drunken slapper she deserved what she got. Apologies if I offended you.Not offended at all PS - just happily chatting. :).

On the subject of rehabitation into the workplace, then he has the right to find gainful employment. Any business, though is entitled to turn him down, if they so wish, and shouldn't be vilified if they take that stance. They have to weigh up the pros and cons ( no, that's not a pun), and decide for themselves whether it's worth it.I agree completely with this paragraph.

It isn't a case of siding with Evans though. He may (or may not ) be as guilty as hell for raping/planning a rape - you can decide for yourself that he is/isn't a complete ****. The point many of us are making is that we let the legal system (for better or worse) decide on what happened and to punish as it sees fit. As I said earlier, if the punishment is fifty five years in jail -then fine. BUT once the punishment is over then let the person get on with their life. You don't have to punish the person for ever and a day.

A bit unfair to question our morals.

Even if the person shows no remorse upon release and doesn't seem to understand what rape actually is?

That's why a lot of people don't want him back in professional football.

Every bloke charged with rape would say the same, and until he proves otherwise, it's not in dispute. His legal team are making a killing out of this aren't they? The only ones who win in the end.

as I said to the other lad, the fact your on this thread arguing the case, says otherwise

as I said to the other lad, the fact your on this thread arguing the case, says otherwise
Ah, a discussion on here, is not a discussion in the courts though. Until it's discussed in court, it remains only in his, and his legal team's heads. We can argue all we like on here, but it's only the courts who can decide. Our own moral compass becomes irrelevant in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back