Ched Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

C14R4NSAFC

60,000 have signed a petition urging Sheffield Utd not to resign him! :?:
What are people's thoughts on this ?

Personally believe he's served his time (and strongly believe he was wrongly convicted)
However could be argued it sets a very bad example of footballers being given opportunities any other convicted person wouldn't

The man is a convicted rapist. Whether he was wrongfully convicted or not is a separate matter, but choosing to believe that the conviction is sound I'd certainly not want to see a rapist play for my club. I've no doubt he will end up playing professional football again, but if I was a Sheffield United fan I'd sign that petition in a heartbeat.

He was convicted, there was a victim, and there are others who have been victims of the same crime with different attackers,. Can you imagine what it would be like for them to hear thousands cheering him if he gets a goal?

Whilst his convicted crime is horrendous I do question how a convict having served their time can become part of society again if people refuse them the opportunity to get back into said society.

For me if he's done the time then he should be allowed to get on with his life - he'll be on the register for life as it is.

Personally believe he's served his time (and strongly believe he was wrongly convicted)
However could be argued it sets a very bad example of footballers being given opportunities any other convicted person wouldn't

Maybe you should ask the woman he raped.

And, yes, I signed the petition.

From what I have read, it seems that it was a very questionable conviction to begin with.

My boss wouldn't rehire me, don't see why he should be any different. He's been proven guilty and unless that gets overturned he should be treated the same as anyone else would be.

People get jobs after being in prison though, so I'm not sure why it matters what your boss would do.

Are convicted people not allowed to get jobs normally?

Served his time, let him get on with his career. I doubt Sheffield United or their fans really give a shit what anyone else thinks anyway.

How do you think he was wrongly convicted? Do you have more information than the jury did regarding the cade?

This is the kind of marquee signing Mike Ashley needs to gain national attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back