Ched Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this forum routinely defending rapists or is it just possible that the conviction doesn't seem that sound.

Not aware of other discussions about rape cases marra? If you know any please hoy the link up be interested to seesee

Is this forum routinely defending rapists or is it just possible that the conviction doesn't seem that sound.

It's way sounder than say Rolf Harris' from a legal perspective (the jury's questions whilst they were out on that one had almost every lawyer I k now shuddering - they had no clue what they were doing - plus decades old cases against bearded 1970's celebrities really do hit proof and prejudice problems).

I think this forum has a lot of men who have engaged in sex when pissed and are been rather over-defensive because they don't really understand the legal issues if I'm being honest.

Or else, sad to say, the SMB is for some reason a hotbed of neanderthal sexists and apologists for scumbags who rape teenagers.

I think Clayton just got away with that one - his message didn't say 'Come here - I've got a girl for the pair of us' etc. - I think it was just ambiguous enough to save him. After all if a mate texted me 'I've got a girl!!' on a night out - I would't immediately think to pile in a taxi for a 3 way - but then again I'm not Ched Evans.

Room booked in advance by Evans which OK doesn't mean it was for the intention of raping someone but would love to have seen what was on their phones before going out. Why's his brother watching from a window an all- what's that all about? Wonder if they got his phone? Just smacks of predatory behaviour that was planned in advance.

Mentioned, a few times now that the difference was the jury accepted the acquitted lad argued that he believed he had consent given she went back with him. It wasn't successfully proved that he did not believe she consented.
Evans, arriving later in response to a text that read " I've got a girl", raped her and left via a fire exit. He unsuccessfully argued he believed she consented to him having sex with her.
But they had a threesome at one point, how exactly would that work if one is rape and one is not

It's way sounder than say Rolf Harris' from a legal perspective (the jury's questions whilst they were out on that one had almost every lawyer I k now shuddering - they had no clue what they were doing - plus decades old cases against bearded 1970's celebrities really do hit proof and prejudice problems).

I think this forum has a lot of men who have engaged in sex when pissed and are been rather over-defensive because they don't really understand the legal issues if I'm being honest.

Or else, sad to say, the SMB is for some reason a hotbed of neanderthal sexists and apologists for scumbags who rape teenagers.
What an embarrassing comment, I'm a devout Christian and i've never once in my life had a one night stand and have never strayed from my wife so that's that little pipe dream well and truly blown out of the water.

How could Clayton have a genuine belief in her consent but not Evans? If anything, Clayton had spent more time with her and been more aware of her intoxication levels than Evans was. Thr decision they have come to is not logical for that reason imo.

Be careful to keep separate the two points. I think what you're really saying is that Clayton couldn't have had a reasonable belief that she was sober enough to give legally effective consent (point 1), not that she actually did (point 2). I have no trouble believing that, given her actions, one could infer at least a reasonable doubt as to whether she literally agreed to sex with McDonald alone (2). Like you (I think), what I have trouble believing is that McDonald could believe that she was sober enough to give consent (1).

The possible fact here that would change my mind (and I just don't know if this was the case) is whether McDonald was drunk as well, and if so, how drunk. If he was also reasonably intoxicated, I could believe that he'd miss obvious signs of intoxication in another person. Nothing I've heard suggests he was that intoxicated, though.

But they had a threesome at one point, how exactly would that work if one is rape and one is not

What an embarrassing comment, I'm a devout Christian and i've never once in my life had a one night stand and have never strayed from my wife so that's that little pipe dream well and truly blown out of the water.

Because (for the 10th time) it depends upon each individual's state of mind.
Not what they are doing or when they are doing it.
As two different people they can do the same thing with different states of mind.

And as a devout Christian you probably shouldn't be polluting your mind with these immoral mental pictures of threesomes with teenagers by the way... :)

Because (for the 10th time) it depends upon each individual's state of mind.
Not what they are doing or when they are doing it.
As two different people they can do the same thing with different states of mind.

And as a devout Christian you probably shouldn't be polluting your mind with these immoral mental pictures of threesomes with teenagers by the way... :)
Yes but since the victim couldn't remember her state of mind on what grounds is anyone guilty of rape?

It sounds like they were both guilty until proven otherwise

Yes but since the victim couldn't remember her state of mind on what grounds is anyone guilty of rape?

There the testimony of the two accused, as well as other evidence - testimony of the hotel desk clerk, surveillance videos, and even McDonald's own hearsay statements as told to the desk clerk - as to how intoxicated the victim was, which would show that she may not have been capable of consent.

It's probably been said but...Gordon Taylor on Talksport this evening (Adrian Durham's show) is suggesting that the perp's brief is presenting an appeal to a review body? As it stands though, the perp is a convicted rapist.

Last edited:
He was found guilty. ..he does not agree. ...tough.

needs to earn a living probably from football but not playing.

Be a matter of time before he sells his story. Expect a book in the future no doubt.

What annoys me the most in this country is why give someone a sentence if they get out after only serving half of it.

talking of suspected rapists...my lad played Ipswich a couple of weeks ago and Titus Bramble was coaching the youngest age groups. Not only that he sponsors the u12 age group and it was really odd seeing 9 of them running around with 'Titus Bramble' printed on their shirts as if he was some global brand!!

talking of suspected rapists...my lad played Ipswich a couple of weeks ago and Titus Bramble was coaching the youngest age groups. Not only that he sponsors the u12 age group and it was really odd seeing 9 of them running around with 'Titus Bramble' printed on their shirts as if he was some global brand!!
Da fuck...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back