Ched Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this forum has a lot of men who have engaged in sex when pissed and are been rather over-defensive because they don't really understand the legal issues if I'm being honest.
You mean real world experience of drunk people having sex where it isn't realistically rape but a grey area in the law with regards to how IT views consent would suddenly make loads of innocent encounters "rape"? I'm not comparing this to the Evans case but you don't seem to be acknowledging that most weekends will consist of very drunk people having sex where if they were sober they'd probably not have consented

Here's what the court was told in the Nile Ranger case:

“She was so intoxicated either through drink or something unknown she found it difficult to walk and she has no memory whatsoever of what occurred.

“When she woke up in the morning she found she was naked in bed with the defendant who was also naked.

“She had no idea where she was. She asked the defendant where they were and if they had had sex. He said they had and she should take the morning after pill

It doesn't sound worlds away from what Ched Evans was alleged to have done. Ranger is free to continue screwing up his career at Blackpool and the only protests against him are the usual ones regarding him being a twat.

If Evans had got either Ranger's jury or Ranger's barrister maybe he wouldn't have gone to jail and he wouldn't have 150,000 people signing a petition to prevent him having a career. In that sense I suppose he can count himself a little unlucky.

He's done time in prison when that the majority of footballers who behave in a similar manner don't. Personally, I'd let him get on with his life.

Ffs, the difference is that Evans turns up (with his cronies who then try to film it thru a window but either fail or 'lose' the footage) in response to a 'ive got a girl' text, to a room he's pre booked, to a girl he's never met but is already well out of it by the time he arrives. He screws her and then slinks off thru a fire exit.

That seems a lot more like predatory behaviour than two pissed people hooking up and having sex and waking up together confused and naked in the morning doesn't it?

The definition of drunk:
"intoxicated with alcohol to the extent of losing control over normal physical and mental functions."
So if someone has lost control over normal physical and mental functions, please tell me how they can give consent?

In your eyes that makes every single poster on here a rapist

Is this forum routinely defending rapists or is it just possible that the conviction doesn't seem that sound.
Fwiw, from those on the North Wales legal circuit who I've talked to, there isn't one of them who thinks that Evans was anything other than a completely straightforward conviction. I havent asked about the other one but there's little doubt amongst legal professionals who were close to the case.

The girl never actually made a complaint of rape, she only said to police that she couldn't remember anything. There was no semen so DNA was not provided as evidence.

Hypothetically, if Ched Evans had said he was so drunk when he got to the room, that he couldn't remember anything, would the police have charged the girl as he had not given consent?

Ffs, the difference is that Evans turns up (with his cronies who then try to film it thru a window but either fail or 'lose' the footage) in response to a 'ive got a girl' text, to a room he's pre booked, to a girl he's never met but is already well out of it by the time he arrives. He screws her and then slinks off thru a fire exit.

That seems a lot more like predatory behaviour than two pissed people hooking up and having sex and waking up together confused and naked in the morning doesn't it?

I gave up a while ago mate, people don't understand the legal definition of rape and aren't interested in researching it and applying to this case. You're better off letting them argue between themselves.

It's not so much the legal definition as being able to shift the burden of proof.
Legally the law around 'drunken consent' is a mess it's true - arguably if the girl is pissed enough it's always 'rape'.
But juries do live in the real world and won't generally convict anyone for mutually pissed hook ups - they need to be 'sure' to convict.

However external evidence, even circumstantial, can and does shift that burden - and the set up here is just so obviously predatory they were prepared to convict. To a lawyer none of this is any surprise - bog standard conviction, honestly...

if he had raped my daughter and was now back on the streets he'd have a fuck sight more to worry about than his football career
There was a lot of talk on the Sheffield Utd fanzine stres during and after the trial, that the lass had "previous". Either way I don't think this was some blushing virgin that was deflowered. I like a drink, and have been well hammered more times than I would like to own up to, but I have always had some recollection as to what happened. This girl walks into a kebab shop, orders and pays for food, has a conversation with one of the accused, goes to a hotel walks in unaided, and then in court says she cannot remember anything!!!!!. Toxicologist worked out that she was probably two and a half times over the drink drive limit, would have been tipsy but not comatose.

She was 19 ffs. and falling over drunk in the kebab shop. And yeh, it really matters that she wasn't a virgin, I'm sure the judge made that absolutely clear, like.

I was out drinking with some 20-25 year old girls from work on Friday. I left early and asked them yesterday how the night panned out after that. At least 3 of them had gaps in their memory - it's pretty common. And don't believe the 'defence toxicologist's' estimate - the clue is in the word 'defence' there...he's paid to make her seem as sober as possible...there are no blood alcohol readings at the relevant time so we simply don't know. And 19 year old girls on nights out get their drinks spiked with sh*t all the time too. That's happened to several young female friends of mine.

This is simply the tale of a sordid predatory PoS not being able to get away with it for once - why are you all defending him?

She was 19 ffs. and falling over drunk in the kebab shop. And yeh, it really matters that she wasn't a virgin, I'm sure the judge made that absolutely clear, like.

I was out drinking with some 20-25 year old girls from work on Friday. I left early and asked them yesterday how the night panned out after that. At least 3 of them had gaps in their memory - it's pretty common. And don't believe the 'defence toxicologist's' estimate - the clue is in the word 'defence' there...he's paid to make her seem as sober as possible...there are no blood alcohol readings at the relevant time so we simply don't know. And 19 year old girls on nights out get their drinks spiked with sh*t all the time too. That's happened to several young female friends of mine.

This is simply the tale of a sordid predatory PoS not being able to get away with it for once - why are you all defending him?

I'm 29 and don't know a single girl who'd had her drink spiked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back