Cilla Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Nanna always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. I'm saying nowt about Cilla.

How I wish people from County Durham would think of that. Then we would have eternal peace and quiet since they don't have the ability to say anything nice due to the fact they hold grudges of the most biter, hateful and resentful far longer than they hold on to their own marriages and relationships. Especially when it comes to the Tories as is evident by the fact they hate anyone who they can link in some way to them for something they did 30 or 40 years ago. They are probably glad when the Torrey Canyon ran aground because of it's name. I bet they would be glad if model, fitness competitor and retired WWE wrestler Torri Wilson died. Nobody in Durham I bet has a conservatory on their house.

That is the most tragic thing about her passing. It would be the same with anyone. No matter what good that person did in their life no matter or how well thought of that person was, none of that matters and all of it is nullified for political reasons.

I love it how they describe the multi-millionaire, chauffeur driven, champagne swilling Cilla as a working class women of the people.

She went drinking in a pub once with normal people you know.

If you won the lottery what would you do with it? Give it all to charities? Would you still go down to your local pub and buy pints - only it is now two packets of crisps instead of one. If you have the money to buy it then go get it.

Last edited:
You three are just the most despicable low life's on the face of God's green planet. If I had the ability to swap lives I would in a nanosecond swap any of yours for her's. The death of anyone let alone a huge celebrity is nothing to make fun of and nothing to ridicule people for who do happen to be sad about it. Would you want someone making fun of you for being sad at the death of a relative of yours? Would you like it if someone was making jokes at the funeral of a close relative?

Because the death of a relative and a television personality you've never met are exactly the same.

Sad day.

I grew up in the 60's/early 70's with the likes of Cilla, Des O'Connor, Val Doonican, Engelbert Humperdinck, Dusty Springfield etc being pretty much the sound track of my youth. They were all on prime time telly and I think my Mother (RIP) saw most of them perform live. I certainly saw some of them live at the likes of the Winter Gardens, Blackpool on our summer holidays.

The way I see it, yes it's sad that a person who dominated TV for decades and was very talented has died, but she was 72. Yes I know that's not THAT old these days, but it's not like she was 27 or even in the top of her career anymore.
She'd had a cracking life and was enjoying the autumn of her years.

Before Facebook, if I'd found out about it, I'd have said "Oh, that's a shame" and then carried on with my shuffling along this mortal coil.

But the "Such a shock" and "can't believe it" RIP mournography that Facebook churns out when this happens is a bit ridiculous.... IMHO (as they say on t'internet)

How I wish people from County Durham would think of that. Then we would have eternal peace and quiet since they don't have the ability to say anything nice due to the fact they hold grudges of the most biter, hateful and resentful far longer than they hold on to their own marriages and relationships. Especially when it comes to the Tories as is evident by the fact they hate anyone who they can link in some way to them for something they did 30 or 40 years ago. They are probably glad when the Torrey Canyon ran aground because of it's name. I bet they would be glad if model, fitness competitor and retired WWE wrestler Torri Wilson died. Nobody in Durham I bet has a conservatory on their house.

That is the most tragic thing about her passing. It would be the same with anyone. No matter what good that person did in their life no matter or how well thought of that person was, none of that matters and all of it is nullified for political reasons.

If you won the lottery what would you do with it? Give it all to charities? Would you still go down to your local pub and buy pints - only it is now two packets of crisps instead of one. If you have the money to buy it then go get it.

f***ing he'll mate lighten up.

There's a difference between sticking to your roots and actively despising those who weren't so lucky to join you on the journey though.

Rich professional scouser banging on about their home town like it was heaven on earth but do they want to live there? Do they fuck.

Lovely words for a lovely lady. Well said SBC.

I can't decide if you're a really shit wum or completely insane????

I wouldn't go to my local now, it's a right shit hole.

As for charities. I wouldn't give all away, but you would have to be a stone hearted fucker to not support something.

I would probably set up some sort of respite care/day care for disabled & autistic kids, supporting the local community with jobs and good deeds for well deserving parents.

What would you do?

this bitch always has to stir it

Katie Hopkins ‏@KTHopkins 20 hrs20 hours ago
Katie Hopkins retweeted Alison loves GB TT3

I understand people love Cilla. But the race to proclaim this on Twitter is a curious thing.

Calm down @Lord_Sugar, you know you love your favourite Apprentice really

Alan Sugar told Katie Hopkins to put an end to her controversial remarks on twitter, saying ‘you need to know where to draw the line’ after the controversial columnist mocked people for paying their respects to Cilla Black.

Hopkins has been outspoken on subjects ranging from euthanasia to eating disorders but her tweets shaming people with the hashtag ‘#rushtogush’ pushed her old mentor Sir Alan over the edge.

Sir Alan, who is just as outspoken when he needs to be, called her an idiot and told her to shut up after she said ‘When we show respect we have a minute’s silence. When slebs want to be seen showing respect, there is a deafening clamour #rushtogush’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...ontroversial-cilla-black-tweets-10434289.html

It doesn't effect me Cilla dying,but it's hard to define who the biggest pains in the arse are.
The one's who can't wait to gush and proclaim their condolences and RIP's,or the others who can't wait to be flippant and basically mock it or the person.
A strange world.

I had a shoving match with her "companion/minder" about ten years back at HT of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang up the west end.:lol: Michael Ball played the Dick van Dyke role iirc.

Me and a bord were heading to the bar for a couple of HT ice cream tubs when he barged us both out of the way to allow Cilla to get to some sort of celeb bar. I pulled him back and he turned while I said "WTFs your game bonny lad?" He glared at me and looked like he wanted to get started so I raised my eyebrows at him and said "Really? Here? Cmon then". He looked around for Cilla but she was gone and he legged it after her.

I gave him a nudge when they came back anarl:oops: and said "Ill be here when its over as well":oops:. They left by a different route................thankfully:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back