City Centre Regeneration.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derry won it last year. Believe me Sunderland is in much better state than that place. Millions was invested in it through the city of culture (including a new bridge)
Well I hope so and on that basis you mention I think it has every chance.

You only have to read the brown sauce or red to see how cultured the place is.

Have to say, I've been a critic of the Labour council for a long time but if these come off it'll be a job well done. The Vaux site offices in particular.

With that and the college being built there's a real chance of rejuvenation in the city centre.

I think it may turn out to be a mistake having the technical college in the city centre. Park lane could end up a pretty intimidating place for anyone coming into the city as that area will be packed full of highly charged kids in overalls and hair and beauty uniforms.

It will look like a massive congregation of Alex deLarge fans

I think it may turn out to be a mistake having the technical college in the city centre. Park lane could end up a pretty intimidating place for anyone coming into the city as that area will be packed full of highly charged kids in overalls and hair and beauty uniforms.

:lol: can't disagree with that mind! How many hair and beauty students does one city need???

:lol: can't disagree with that mind! How many hair and beauty students does one city need???

Blame schools and careers advisers. They find loads of girls who may not be high achievers academically and recommend hair and beauty at college because they cant be arsed to genuinely advise them. Loads of salons dont go anywhere near these lasses when theyve finished college as they prefer to take on their own apprentices.

Another issue with the technical college being city centre is that I dont think many of the students will have the financial resources to bring economic benefit to the city centre. I would think a high proportion of the students will be from families without much cash flow. As terrible as it is, those doing academic A levels tend to be from more affluent backgrounds and therefore would have more money to spend in the city

which is actually impossible ;)

Ok it may have been an exaggeration but looking at the previous results of the last few local elections they're making inroads in Labour wards, faster than the Tory drones who were here long before them. I reckon about 25% of the Council well be controlled by UKIP in the next few years. Having said that Sunderland Council are doing well with the bribery of the electorate as of late. Must be feeling a bit jittery. ;)

I'm by no means a UKIP supporter, I find them and their supporters repugnant, however they do have growing support and taking votes away from Labour faster than I've seen any previous party.

:lol:

Ok it may have been an exaggeration but looking at the previous results of the last few local elections they're making inroads in Labour wards, faster than the Tory drones who were here long before them. I reckon about 25% of the Council well be controlled by UKIP in the next few years. Having said that Sunderland Council are doing well with the bribery of the electorate as of late. Must be feeling a bit jittery. ;)

I'm by no means a UKIP supporter, I find them and their supporters repugnant, however they do have growing support and taking votes away from Labour faster than I've seen any previous party.
I'm willing to bet you ten english pounds that 0% of Sunderland's council will be UKIP controlled in the next few years mate. ;)

Was down Hull Uni the other day and they were constantly talking about Hull being City of Culture 2016, no idea what it means.

:lol:

I'm willing to bet you ten english pounds that 0% of Sunderland's council will be UKIP controlled in the next few years mate. ;)

If there are hundreds of young kids fleeing about there then it will be less than welcoming, maybe not intimidating. Although Im sure the old people coming into the town will be intimidated

If there are hundreds of young kids fleeing about there then it will be less than welcoming, maybe not intimidating. Although Im sure the old people coming into the town will be intimidated

Typical old fogeys view of kids that like. Kids and young un's make places vibrant. Have you ever been to Eastbourne, or Christchurch (the Darrset one)? People go there to die in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back