Comedians/comedy actors and travel shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bloo71

What is it about comedians-comedy actors and travel shows. I would have thought they were strange bedfellows but over the last few years we've had (off the top of my head) Michael Palin, Griff Rhys Jones (currently on ITV), Rory McGrath, Ade Edmondson, Dara O'Briain, Billy Connelly, Caroline Quentin, Paul Merton, Bill Bailey e.t.c

Palin only got his first one, 80 days around the world, as when it was offered to Alan Whicker, he turned it down as he felt too old.

So I heard.

Palin only got his first one, 80 days around the world, as when it was offered to Alan Whicker, he turned it down as he felt too old.

So I heard.

I have vague recollections of that as well.

Comedians are usually pretty affable and interesting, hence, I guess, they present things. Still think Simon Reeve is better than any of them as far as travel shows are concerned. (Well, maybe not Richard Ayoade but his show was somewhat different to the usual journey type thing.)

500 bus stops with john shuttleworth was a good one

Decent guide to where ping pong tables can still be found in the north

Reginald D. Hunter did that Songs of the South anarl, which I forgot all about and only managed to see one of, is it still available anywhere?

Can't stand Caroline Quentin

It'll be Road Trip with James Corden next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back