Complimentary Upgrades on Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were really early and had an 8 hour layover in Heathrow. It went faster in the club lounge.
Mine was a flight from Tokyo to Paris so the extra leg room was great. Couldn't help feeling a bit out of place, mind!

I am fortunate to have lounge access due to my air miles which is nice. The company pay for economy comfort seats and I generally choose my seat via the airline app a few days before.

Flying home in 8 hours time. Long trip, but can't wait to see the missus (no) and kids.

Nice

I am fortunate to have lounge access due to my air miles which is nice. The company pay for economy comfort seats and I generally choose my seat via the airline app a few days before.

Flying home in 8 hours time. Long trip, but can't wait to see the missus (no) and kids.
Who do you work for? I'm not asking for tax-dodging benefit purposes at all. Absolutely not.

Do you get a 'company car'?

Few times with Emirates when I flew with them all of the time.

Gone from Gold to Blue now :(

Got upgraded Air New Zealand LAX-LHR.
About 20 minutes into the flight one of the cabin crew asked us if we would like to move, no idea why but jumped at it.

Get them all the time but I'm platinum with United and fly at least once a week. Nowt better than getting the full service on the way up to New York!

Yes on a few occasions.

A return journey from China, should of been in premium economy both ways, got a bump to business instead, lounge access and everything. Been bumped to business both ways across the Atlantic a few times and from economy to premium more than once.

Best one was a bump to first class on Air France. We had to collect the tickets at Paris for a trip to NY, they for some reason mislaid them so as an apology for the long delay this was causing, bumped us to first. Got on the plane, sitting waiting but not to bothered as we are in first getting all the attention someone in first gets only to be told "we are having a bit of a technical problem with the plane," no problem we are in first and easing into the feeling of lording over the gimps in the back. Next announcement declares we have 30 minutes to fix this or the flight is cancelled as the crew would be out of hours and they could not get another this late in the day.

Well 30 minutes came, flight cancelled, off to the hotel for a night, on getting the new tickets the next day we were kicked back to gonk class. Spent all of 50 minuets in first class and never been that far forward again or flown with Air France.

I asked for a bottle of water on a Monarch flight back from Kenya I'd been stuck on for 14 hours and was told I couldn't have one so asked to move somewhere away from the 20 stone farting monster sat next to me and was told no again. I wouldn't bother asking Monarch for an upgrade but tbh I can't believe they'd still be in business.

Been trying all afternoon to check in online with Emirates for the Dubai flight from Newcastle tomorrow. Keeps telling me that online check can only be completed less than 24 hours before the flight.
The flight is due to leave at 13:45 FFS.

I bet you've booked the wrong day/week/year.

Been trying all afternoon to check in online with Emirates for the Dubai flight from Newcastle tomorrow. Keeps telling me that online check can only be completed less than 24 hours before the flight.
The flight is due to leave at 13:45 FFS.

Check if it is an Emirates plane you are booked on. We only use KLM but I often fly using another airline operating under a KL code as part of Sky Team.

When that happens, I can't check in or change my seat on the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back