Conner Wickham needs to be sat down, asked if hes signing a contract, if not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have been sold in the summer for as much as we could get. His stock was as high as could be after his end of season purple patch. All he's doing now is steadily devaluing. Whilst I know that a tribunal will ensure that we don't get absolutely nothing for him, I doubt we'll get as much as we may have got this summer. If we get the five million that West Ham were reputed to have offered, I'll be delighted. However, I won't be surprised if we get half that. Even a couple of million is more than he's really worth. I'm not quite sure who the lad thinks is going to take a punt on him either.

He should have been sold in the summer for as much as we could get. His stock was as high as could be after his end of season purple patch. All he's doing now is steadily devaluing. Whilst I know that a tribunal will ensure that we don't get absolutely nothing for him, I doubt we'll get as much as we may have got this summer. If we get the five million that West Ham were reputed to have offered, I'll be delighted. However, I won't be surprised if we get half that. Even a couple of million is more than he's really worth. I'm not quite sure who the lad thinks is going to take a punt on him either.
And he would have scored about 5 or 6 by now if we had of got rid.

ive said it loads of times, he has all the attributes to be a top forward but he is soft as shite and doesn't have the heart!!!

he should have defenders battered and bruised ffs!!!!!!!!!

ive said it loads of times, he has all the attributes to be a top forward but he is soft as shite and doesn't have the heart!!!

he should have defenders battered and bruised ffs!!!!!!!!!
I disagree only on one point. He is soft...does not have a heart BUT no be does not have the attribute to be a top forward as you said. No pace....no presence in the air...and terrible movement without the ball. Next time watch Diego Costa or Suarez without the ball. This attribute is the most overlooked feature of a forward but very important indeed.

Cant sell in January, who to?
Championship plodder at best, no physical presence, cant jump, puts more effort into his haircut than his game.
Fuck him right off now, don't play him

There you go.

Not ideal leaving your forward options to :
A player running down his contract
A player with lots of injuries in last 12/18 months and struggling for a goal & form
A new loan signing who hasn't played in England before

Quite a risk taken by congerton / poyet / short there mind

I still think we should keep him at the club, but he seems to be affected by whatever malaise is currently sweeping through the dressing room. He put in two very lazy poor fouls yesterday that each could have received a yellow. Doesn't look like he is staying though.

I'd say if he hadn't signed by January, sell him as long as we buy a half decent striker (fat chance)

I still think we should keep him at the club, but he seems to be affected by whatever malaise is currently sweeping through the dressing room. He put in two very lazy poor fouls yesterday that each could have received a yellow. Doesn't look like he is staying though.

I'd say if he hadn't signed by January, sell him as long as we buy a half decent striker (fat chance)

Poyet did say in the summer if he didn't sign an extension he would be sold before th window shut.

The thing is we dont want much. 10-12 goals a season for £50000 a week is it realy that hard?,,,,

Playing on the left or up top by yourself makes it pretty difficult, Poyet is a bit of an idiot really having us play the same way week after week just changing personnel when it doesn't work much in the way of winning games.

Just another typical Sunderland manager who can't see the woods for the trees.
Doesn't even talk a good game now, just spouts a load of shite.

According to all reports he hasn't been offered a new contract and I'm now starting to believe that, after all Short has a track record of not offering deals to players without knowing what league we'll be in next year. Short's total lack of any ambition is sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back