Consequences of missing FFP rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worst case scenario would be a few points deducted, probably between 1 and 3. So we prefer to not sign a few quality players who could get us 10 extra points.

Can we not just slap off FFP and get on and sign people? What are the sanctions if we ignore FFP?

For the record I'd be happy for us to be banned from the Champion's League next season.

There are Premier League FPP rules. However, there are as yet no punishments agreed upon for breaking them. Even if they do agree on exactly what points deductions would be applied (for which they have no forthcoming meeting to do so) they would not apply to this season.

So in reality there are no FPP punishments to apply to us this season, therefore we can, like every other club in the Premier League, simply ignore them. If the club cry about it restraining them it's just a feeble excuse on their part.

Worst case scenario would be a few points deducted, probably between 1 and 3. So we prefer to not sign a few quality players who could get us 10 extra points.

No...there is no penalty to apply.

Leeds, Blackburn and Forest got a transfer ban. City was allowed a few less players in their champions league squad

Transfer ban? You mean if we buy a team full of good players they'll ban us from signing anyone else to add to our good squad of players we shouldn't have been able to sign?

There are Premier League FPP rules. However, there are as yet no punishments agreed upon for breaking them. Even if they do agree on exactly what points deductions would be applied (for which they have no forthcoming meeting to do so) they would not apply to this season.

So in reality there are no FPP punishments to apply to us this season, therefore we can, like every other club in the Premier League, simply ignore them. If the club cry about it restraining them it's just a feeble excuse on their part.

No...there is no penalty to apply.

No we cant because the crime is exceeding the wage bill limits in the accounts............and 2013/14 was the first season for it so if we exceed it in this season whenever they do decide we have still committed the crime whenever the points come off..

personally though I cant see it ever happening but its still dangerous for clubs just to presume that..............

No we cant because the crime is exceeding the wage bill limits in the accounts............and 2013/14 was the first season for it so if we exceed it in this season whenever they do decide we have still committed the crime whenever the points come off..

personally though I cant see it ever happening but its still dangerous for clubs just to presume that..............

I don't think that they will be able to apply penalties retrospectively. I think (if they ever do reach any agreement on the punishment) that they will have to say starting from next season (whenever they make the decision). They will at the same time undoubtedly rewrite the wage structure.

It would never come to agreement otherwise. It's too unworkable. You can't make a principle of law and then years later decide the punishment.

If they ever decide the punishment it will coincide with a redrawing of the wage rules.

Leeds, Blackburn and Forest got a transfer ban. City was allowed a few less players in their champions league squad

Both of those are different to the Premier League rules.

I don't think that they will be able to apply penalties retrospectively. I think (if they ever do reach any agreement on the punishment) that they will have to say starting from next season (whenever they make the decision). They will at the same time undoubtedly rewrite the wage structure.

It would never come to agreement otherwise. It's too unworkable. You can't make a principle of law and then years later decide the punishment.

If they ever decide the punishment it will coincide with a redrawing of the wage rules.

Both of those are different to the Premier League rules.
They aren't doing it retrospectively though.

The crime ie exceeding the wage bill is done in a season but because of the nature of the accounts the penalties would be the season after when said accounts are provided to the Pl. .

So I'd we break it this season any points penalty..If it ever happens would be the season after.

y
They aren't doing it retrospectively though.

The crime ie exceeding the wage bill is done in a season but because of the nature of the accounts the penalties would be the season after when said accounts are provided to the Pl. .

So I'd we break it this season any points penalty..If it ever happens would be the season after.

no, no, I meant deciding on the punishment scale would be unfair retrospectively.

Given that they have failed to agree actual points deductions and the scale of them, they are just not going to decide that and then apply it to everyone who broke the FFP. It won't work because everyone will agree that the punishment decisions have come after clubs could take note of them. So they simply won't do it for years past.

Imagine they actually came to a decision and said ok...no matter if it's by £1 or £100 million...if you have broken FFP then you will be docked 5 points. Well that's not going to work because those boundaries wherever you place them were unknown at the start of the FFP process, it isn't legally viable, therefore they will have to start the process of monitoring again.

You do agree that it is impractical for it to simply be break it by £1 and you get docked this many points. There will have to be a sliding scale. Well punishing clubs on a sliding scale they did not know about cannot be enforced...this is why current FFP restrictions are effectively ignorable.

Streaker is the expert, ask him.

I know as well....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back