Corbridge on the drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommasi

Striker
Off there at the weekend for a day on the drink for me mates birthday-any pubs recommended?

Never been before in me life, no idea why he chose it like!

Get the train to Wylam and get in the Boat House. Karaoke sat 8pm is fun when lashed.

The Angel in Corbridge had a martini/cocktail bar last time we went in. Got told off for taking me pint in. f***ing knackers.:lol:

ok, here is my humble opinion,

dyvels [next to train station] bit posh and quite cliquey, buy the beer is good if you like real ale.

angel upmarket and very expensive prob the best for real ale and posh totty, food was great but again not cheap.

golden lion usually have music on at the weekend, [lasses dancing around handbags] food is basic but cheaper, probably the liveliest of all the pubs.

black bull food is good and prob best value, good place to take you lass, [soft music dim lights]

blue bell used to be buzzing but not gone off the boil recently, good locals pub afternoon early evening but younger crowd as the night wears on.

wheatsheaf mag stuff on the walls [be prepared] quite a friendly place but not sure if wants to be an hotel, a pub or a restaurant,

non pub eateries
the valley at the station is a well known indian restaurant but my choice would be the artisam chinese on front street [superb]
am nee egon ronay mind ;)

Nail on head with previous post. Our usual route is train there
1. Tynedale rugby club - but they probably won't have a game thus early
2. Dyvils
3. Angel and book here for food, by far the nicest pub out of the lot
4. Along the road for any of the above if time/not already drunk enough
5. Curry at station if necessary

Was a good night out 20 years ago.
Black bull is good for average food. Blue bell is dead these days. Golden lion is a souless barrass pub, the angel is full of orange 50 year old women drinking £8 glasses of wine, dyvels is nice in the summer. Wheatsheaf is strange.

Stop off at Wylam (boathouse), prudhoe (bridge end ovingham), corbridge (dyvels), then onto hexham on the train. The tannery in Hexham is class these days

agreed about black bull. pretty decent food. they used to do the most amazing cognac peppercorn steak sauce

Was a good night out 20 years ago.
Black bull is good for average food. Blue bell is dead these days. Golden lion is a souless barrass pub, the angel is full of orange 50 year old women drinking £8 glasses of wine, dyvels is nice in the summer. Wheatsheaf is strange.

Stop off at Wylam (boathouse), prudhoe (bridge end ovingham), corbridge (dyvels), then onto hexham on the train. The tannery in Hexham is class these days

Is it? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back