Could Lee Cattermole get an England call up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:oops:That goal he gave away last season where he tried to control the ball with the outside of his right foot instead of just using his left foot. That was embarrassing.

and before anyone says it, Fletcher inthe cup final, when he was scared to use his right was equally bad. Players who do that deserve to be shot with shit, even Sunday league park players!

Take your point about international class,never said we were top team because I agree with you there as well because we are not,the last 20 years or so have proved your point beyond any doubt.

However my point is simple,IMO there are about 15 English midfielders who are better than Cattermole,granted all of them do not play as holding midfielder,however I believe most of these players could still play that role better than him.

Midfielders should be flexible and be able to switch positions and systems and be able to keep possession and pass and move,that is what modern football is all about and that is why you do not see many of Cattermole's type any more.

Finally some one can actually respond with good points, not just talk about needing to be Messi to get a game for England.

Looking at what's available and how Roy sets us up I'd probably not play him either. I'd have Henderson, Barkley and erm, erm I'm not sure who else tbf.

I still say that fit and on form he'd get a game for the vast majority of international teams - I'm obviously excluding the top teams before ppl get there knickers in a twist.

Anyway I've said what I wanna say, we'll be here all year :lol:

My point is England are not a top team. We haven't been for a while either. I can't believe you think we are, what else will it take for ppl to accept we are not a top team?

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be playing for England, I'm saying he could play international football. Some people talk like international football is the elite standard, it's not and hasn't been for years.

I've also never said he should play for a bigger team, not sure where you got that from.

If check Tiote could play and not look out of place at a WC, neither would he.

What is international class? Does everyone have to be like Kroos? Mascherano? If that's the case explain the WC performances of the USA, Iran, Algeria, Australia, Costa Rica? How did these teams with average players perform so well?

All of these teams out performed the mighty England at the WC, again, that's a fact.

When a player of cleverlys standard gets a cap even I'd have hopes of getting a game - England are shit, get over it.

On that basis, so could I, what a stupid statement.

And for the record, it's not about other teams and who plays for them, it's about LC not being good enough, you know he isn't and so do I, that's why you are now twisting the argument slightly

On that basis, so could I, what a stupid statement.

And for the record, it's not about other teams and who plays for them, it's about LC not being good enough, you know he isn't and so do I, that's why you are now twisting the argument slightly

Have you read the thread marra? Lots are saying he couldn't play international football - that's why I made that 'stupid statement'

And of course it is about other players and teams when people are saying he couldn't play at that level, it's how you compare players abilities and the level they could play at, what a stupid statement...

I dunno why Im even debating with a mag anyway, we could have Messi himself and you lot would still say he's shit. A bit like none of our players would get in your squad, then you sign one :cool:

I think Adam Johnson has a chance of one day returning to the england squad but as for Cattermole its a no. He picks up too many bookings and is viewed by outsiders of Sunderland as a bit of a loose cannon ala Joey Barton. Hence why neither will ever get a game despite worse in my opinion (cleverly) having been given a game.

:oops:That goal he gave away last season where he tried to control the ball with the outside of his right foot instead of just using his left foot. That was embarrassing.

and before anyone says it, Fletcher inthe cup final, when he was scared to use his right was equally bad. Players who do that deserve to be shot with shit, even Sunday league park players!
that's just something that people say imo, you learn to use both feet as a child or you'll never do it, look at Johnson as an example and remember that 0.01% or academy player turn pro iirc.

so at 14 years old the under 16 coach comes to watch a few games and Johnson has a choice, skin the life out of the full back with his left foot or try to use both feet an potentially be knocked back, it's obvious what will happen and this teaches players that in moments of high pressure to 'do what they know' and that's why particularly in England we'll never develop complete footballers comfortable on the ball imo.

as far as this thread goes cattermole could be excellent for England but there's too much snobbery associated with football, that's why club teams spend fortunes on computer software to bypass the bias of scouts or coaches.

If catts had played and done what Gerrard did against Uruguay roy would be sacked, this is another example of poor management from the top to the bottom of the whole system in the fa and their embarrassing reaction to media pressure.

The fact it's even a question shows how shit England have become. To be honest I don't think his ability is too far away but his name and reputation is miles away. Players like him tho should really be no where near it..

I thought similar about when Scott Parker played for us and got a call up. Somebody must have been watching a different player to the one i regularly saw. Tragically he went on to do alright elsewhere. At the time however I couldnt help think england were scraping the barrel.

I thought similar about when Scott Parker played for us and got a call up. Somebody must have been watching a different player to the one i regularly saw. Tragically he went on to do alright elsewhere. At the time however I couldnt help think england were scraping the barrel.

The thing is at his best Parker was good enough. That's what I've said all along, that at his very best Catts probably could get a game.

An average Catts or Parker are not good enough, but at the very top of there form? I think both could do or could have done a job.

If catts had played and done what Gerrard did against Uruguay roy would be sacked, this is another example of poor management from the top to the bottom of the whole system in the fa and their embarrassing reaction to media pressure.

I couldn't agree more. Bang on mate.

All this talk about 'not playing for top four etc.' It almost like the England Team has sponsors and they only want high profile players, quality doesn't come into it.

In a team that wasn't sponsored I don't think he's too far off a call up if he continues his end of season form, however, economics dictate ZERO chance!!

My point is England are not a top team. We haven't been for a while either. I can't believe you think we are, what else will it take for ppl to accept we are not a top team?

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be playing for England, I'm saying he could play international football. Some people talk like international football is the elite standard, it's not and hasn't been for years.

I've also never said he should play for a bigger team, not sure where you got that from.

If check Tiote could play and not look out of place at a WC, neither would he.

What is international class? Does everyone have to be like Kroos? Mascherano? If that's the case explain the WC performances of the USA, Iran, Algeria, Australia, Costa Rica? How did these teams with average players perform so well?

All of these teams out performed the mighty England at the WC, again, that's a fact.

When a player of cleverlys standard gets a cap even I'd have hopes of getting a game - England are shit, get over it.

Who was it turned out for Gibralter last year? Higgingbottom? Catts could hold the midfield.

Who was it turned out for Gibralter last year? Higgingbottom? Catts could hold the midfield.

That's my point when some folk say he couldn't play international football, it's ridiculous.

Even if I was to admit I'm wrong and he's not good enough to play for England, to say he couldn't play international football(as lots have) it's stupid.

That's my point when some folk say he couldn't play international football, it's ridiculous.

Even if I was to admit I'm wrong and he's not good enough to play for England, to say he couldn't play international football(as lots have) it's stupid.

Sorry mate I was taking the piss actually.

but yes, there`ll be worse international footballers out there, such as Bardsley and Ameobi.

that's just something that people say imo, you learn to use both feet as a child or you'll never do it, look at Johnson as an example and remember that 0.01% or academy player turn pro iirc.

so at 14 years old the under 16 coach comes to watch a few games and Johnson has a choice, skin the life out of the full back with his left foot or try to use both feet an potentially be knocked back, it's obvious what will happen and this teaches players that in moments of high pressure to 'do what they know' and that's why particularly in England we'll never develop complete footballers comfortable on the ball imo.

as far as this thread goes cattermole could be excellent for England but there's too much snobbery associated with football, that's why club teams spend fortunes on computer software to bypass the bias of scouts or coaches.

I'm not on about a 70yard inch perfect pass, a screamer into the top corner or even skinning your marker. I'm talking about having a touch with your weak foot that's all. Just a touch to control it nowt else just use the flipping thing instead of trying to do the impossible.
I stand by the should be shot with shit part

I'm not on about a 70yard inch perfect pass, a screamer into the top corner or even skinning your marker. I'm talking about having a touch with your weak foot that's all. Just a touch to control it nowt else just use the flipping thing instead of trying to do the impossible.
I stand by the should be shot with shit part
yes well they can't so that should tell you that they shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back