Crack with online dating???

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a year ago I was on POF as I was having a very bad dry spell. Talking to someone from London and I was living in Birmingham at the time. She said she'd get the train to come and see me :eek: and I thought it was a joke but she booked tickets. Went apprehensively to the station to meet her a few days later and she was huge. I mean huge. As soon as I saw her I thought oh dear. Anyways I still took her to dinner, and that night I was going out with friends. She came along too, paid for pretty much all my drinks (and my friends'!). Long story short I bucked her and no one will ever let me forget it. Lovely girl and got on great though :lol:

*Happily in a relationship now, not long after this scarring episode

You sound like a user.

Was on POF for about 18 months, met loads of women, most were lovely but not right for me. Went on Match as a way to filter out the nutters. Met a French girl, teacher, 8 years younger than me, I was her first date on Match. 8 months on we're getting engaged and married next year. She's totally mint and seems to be syndrome free :) It works, the initial getting to know you bollocks via the site\email helps you filter out the crazies.
:confused:

I've used tinder and POF.

Met a few people on pof that im mates with now, few creeps and some potentials too.

Tinder is more for a quick shag IMO, the first time I spoke to one lad he asked me to his hotel as he was leaving for London the next morning and not coming back.

Met a few people on pof that im mates with now, few creeps and some potentials too.

Tinder is more for a quick shag IMO, the first time I spoke to one lad he asked me to his hotel as he was leaving for London the next morning and not coming back.

Hussy

I'll take your word for it.

Tinder is worse than POF. I only used it for a day and left because I was going like this :eek::oops: too much at the messages I was getting.

There's also F**kbook for pure no strings attached filth. :)

About a year ago I was on POF as I was having a very bad dry spell. Talking to someone from London and I was living in Birmingham at the time. She said she'd get the train to come and see me :eek: and I thought it was a joke but she booked tickets. Went apprehensively to the station to meet her a few days later and she was huge. I mean huge. As soon as I saw her I thought oh dear. Anyways I still took her to dinner, and that night I was going out with friends. She came along too, paid for pretty much all my drinks (and my friends'!). Long story short I bucked her and no one will ever let me forget it. Lovely girl and got on great though :lol:

*Happily in a relationship now, not long after this scarring episode

You can't have been that mortified if you brought her around your mates like.

Wouldn't have done what, invited her up because she was a bit rotund?

He thought he was getting Jo Guest but instead got Jo Brand, the camera does lie...

Wouldn't meet someone who would be desperate enough to get a train from London to Birmingham for a shag without having seen some rather revealing pics first.

I can't be arsed with online dating anymore, especially not POF........its full of creeps, weirdo's, serial shaggers, cheaters, roid heads and numpty's. Think if I ever bother again I'll probably try something like Match.com where the fellas are more likely to be genuine / half decent etc :lol:

Met the mother of my 3 kids via a Yahoo chat room about 13 years ago, the stigma around meeting people online has def changed.

In my case I'm terrible at meeting new people, anxiety, no crack about me whatsoever, so it has been great in meeting people outside of work and stuff.
In my office we have had 2 people married in the past 6 months to people they met online - as mentioned above it lets you make a start at weeding out the fruit loops.

:lol: A/S/L?????? Used to have a reet laugh in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back