Criticising fringe players

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 361

I am guilty of it as well at times especially with Alvarez

however time and time again we get the likes of bridcutt and buckley getting pelters when its the same core of the team that is largely involved in all of our struggles.

I like them but if we are honest its Oshea, brown, Cattermole, Larrson, Rodwell, Whickham and Fletcher who are our issue. Our spine of our team, our supposed star players.

so weak, slow and gaff prone its inevitable that we continually fight against relegation

i cannot believe we are persisting again with catts and larsson in the middle of midfield. they been garbage/ineffective for years despite their undoubted ability as individuals.

we had a good defensive record, not because oshea and brown are solid but because the whole team defend behind the ball to compensate for their HGV turn of pace

and up front we have fletcher who could be class but is either injured or lazy. and whickham who is unfit, has a awful touch and constantly needs a rocket up him to perform.

Not one of these issues has been addressed time and time again. kaboul is average and rodwell failed to sort out the midfield problem last year.

its now just over a week till the season opener and we are still crap

DA must have got some massive wedge to be persuaded to deal with this lot again

Our bench fails to inspire but you can hardly critisise catts and larrson as part of the problem.

however time and time again we get the likes of bridcutt and buckley getting pelters when its the same core of the team that is largely involved in all of our struggles.

I like them but if we are honest its Oshea, brown, Cattermole, Larrson, Rodwell, Whickham and Fletcher who are our issue. Our spine of our team, our supposed star players.

so weak, slow and gaff prone its inevitable that we continually fight against relegation

i cannot believe we are persisting again with catts and larsson in the middle of midfield. they been garbage/ineffective for years despite their undoubted ability as individuals.

we had a good defensive record, not because oshea and brown are solid but because the whole team defend behind the ball to compensate for their HGV turn of pace

and up front we have fletcher who could be class but is either injured or lazy. and whickham who is unfit, has a awful touch and constantly needs a rocket up him to perform.

Not one of these issues has been addressed time and time again. kaboul is average and rodwell failed to sort out the midfield problem last year.

Rubbish

It's all of them really....there's a distinct lack of quality throughout the side. Or to put it another way, we have no players that another club would covet enough to spend £10m+ to buy from us....none whatsoever.

Its weird, people think the answer to our problems is to sell our best players

even though our transfer record is horrendous, lets sell the ones we know are consistent :lol:

The huge problem is that our best players really aren't very good. You don't see other teams braying the doors down to sign them, do you ?

Why the fuck would you sell your best players when you have loads of shite on the books

only in Sunderland fans minds...

The huge problem is that our best players really aren't very good. You don't see other teams braying the doors down to sign them, do you ?

^ This. Catts (and seems Seb now too) get built up to fuck on here as being integral to our team, but they shouldn't be. We need better. They are 2 plodders we have had to suffer for seasons now fighting relegation whilst neither done anything special. But, because they are slightly less shit than the rest of the shite we have they almost become untouchable and anyone daring to say it gets pelters.

I'm not saying flog them right now as we have nothing to replace them with, but we need to move on from these mediocre do nothing players if we actually want to have something different to a relegation fight to the last few games every season. They are our midfield and should be dominating games for us, but they never do.

When we signed O'Shea and brown I thought it was an incredibly short term answer but how wrong I was
Catts and Larsson deserve to be in and around the first team, with wickham the striker
A big difference with us is there aren't many players you can guarantee should be starting, especially with our 4/3/3 system
Our two most expensive signings in the current squad - Fletcher and Rodwell get the most stick and arguably should be furthest from the first team, so what policy does the club take if the big money signings aren't working like the days of Gyan and Bent

^ This. Catts (and seems Seb now too) get built up to fuck on here as being integral to our team, but they shouldn't be. We need better. They are 2 plodders we have had to suffer for seasons now fighting relegation whilst neither done anything special. But, because they are slightly less shit than the rest of the shite we have they almost become untouchable and anyone daring to say it gets pelters.

I'm not saying flog them right now as we have nothing to replace them with, but we need to move on from these mediocre do nothing players if we actually want to have something different to a relegation fight to the last few games every season. They are our midfield and should be dominating games for us, but they never do.

Sums things up quite nicely. Mediocre is still flattering most of them, though.

Why do people insist on this? Larsson and Catts have, sometimes deservedly, had as much stick as anyone.

Can we please stop this myth that they're untouchable.

Sland fans like most better than a scapegoat man.

Each year every single club has a whipping boy deservedly or not. It'll always be that way.

We have Bridcutt and Buckley. They were just anointed because they were an easy option.

Fans have players they have a certain affiliation with such as Catts and AJ who will never be the whipping boy because the fans want them to do well and have excuses at hand when they suffer dips in form.

I personally think Seb is one of our worst performers over the last few years. No positional sense, slow as fuck, zero creativity and can't track runners at all. But he scores a free kick every blue moon so lets vote him POTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back