DA - 6 quality additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gives Dick a load of blarney about buying six quality players, then brings in one with a few average ones on the cheap.

Maybe Ellis does have some Irish blood after all.

http://m.sunderlandecho.com/news/lo...ayers-if-he-s-to-stay-at-sunderland-1-7275448

We have made 2 and the season kicks off a week on Saturday and the window closes in a month. The club appear to be in the usual position of having to sell before recruiting.

As much as I enjoyed last night it only served to show we really are still four players short of Dicks requirement. If we are really financially hamstrung then targets are going to be missed while we wait to offload. Loan players are going to add to the wage bill too.

Considering we have added to the defense its looked bloody shambolic during pre season. With JOS & Brown only adding to the argument that they should be nowhere near a Premier league teams back four....even as back up IMO. But needs must and basically we haven't got a choice.

I felt incredibly positive when DA went back on his decision following the 5-6 player sound bite. Now I'm not so sure.

Do I need bed wet pills or is this a reasonable appraisal?
I dont class kaboul as a quality addition , no way so imo we have made one decent purchase apart from that i pretty much agree with you there is virtually nithing about the pre seasin to get excited about and to already be talking about a relegation dogfight is a sad indictement of how poor our playing staff is.

coates
kaboul
lens
look like good additions

Matthews probably a filler, no better than jones or Celutska knowing our luck.

Still think we need:

left back backup
a big beast CM option for games where we get outbattled, like bradford, USA tour, doncaster, stoke and such like.
a ki type who can carry the ball and not just stab it anywhere wildly when under mild pressure.
a pacey, effective striker

I dont class kaboul as a quality addition , no way so imo we have made one decent purchase apart from that i pretty much agree with you there is virtually nithing about the pre seasin to get excited about and to already be talking about a relegation dogfight is a sad indictement of how poor our playing staff is.

Haha well he's certainly better than what we've got. For me i think that makes him a quality addition. i.e. he has improved the quality.

coates
kaboul
lens
look like good additions

Matthews probably a filler, no better than jones or Celutska knowing our luck.

Still think we need:

left back backup
a big beast CM option for games where we get outbattled, like bradford, USA tour, doncaster, stoke and such like.
a ki type who can carry the ball and not just stab it anywhere wildly when under mild pressure.
a pacey, effective striker

Not an addition, he was at the club when DA made that statement.

I make it 4 and I am sure we are looking to bring in another two in the next month.
I make it one quality addition , counting the others as improving the squad is why wexare where we are and dick warned against buying quantity not quality , lets just say he may have spoken too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back