DA - 6 quality additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once he signed the contract he can't get out of it unless he is prepared to give up his money. I do have the feeling that if things don't go his way he will walk out half way through, he has done this before at other clubs. We can't keep blaming managers, at some point you have to start pointing the finger at the board, yes it's the players who kick the ball but it's Short who pays their wages. Newcastle have made money available and gone down the right route in bringing quality we haven't done that apart from Lens, he is not enough unfortunately.

Of course he's an addition, he didn't belong to us.

Can we count vergini and Alvarez then? Maybe that's the six? :) hope not!

Only two of our signings likely to play in first team - lens and one of the centre halfs.

Still reliant in same players we always rely on to keep us up. Very disappointing so far like

Can we count vergini and Alvarez then? Maybe that's the six? :) hope not!

Only two of our signings likely to play in first team - lens and one of the centre halfs.

Still reliant in same players we always rely on to keep us up. Very disappointing so far like
I hope both centre halfs are playing

http://m.sunderlandecho.com/news/lo...ayers-if-he-s-to-stay-at-sunderland-1-7275448

We have made 2 and the season kicks off a week on Saturday and the window closes in a month. The club appear to be in the usual position of having to sell before recruiting.

As much as I enjoyed last night it only served to show we really are still four players short of Dicks requirement. If we are really financially hamstrung then targets are going to be missed while we wait to offload. Loan players are going to add to the wage bill too.

Considering we have added to the defense its looked bloody shambolic during pre season. With JOS & Brown only adding to the argument that they should be nowhere near a Premier league teams back four....even as back up IMO. But needs must and basically we haven't got a choice.

I felt incredibly positive when DA went back on his decision following the 5-6 player sound bite. Now I'm not so sure.

Do I need bed wet pills or is this a reasonable appraisal?

plenty of time

we could have 2 in by the end of next week who knows

yes we do need 3 maybe 4 very good players adding to the side but there is still plenty of time

how can palace, west ham, toon, stoke all shell out so much when we cant?

Not sure about the finances of the others but I know the mags make profit, that must make it easier to shell out, we're still a loss making business.

plenty of time

yes we do need 3 maybe 4 very good players adding to the side but there is still plenty of time

Even if we need to just sign one and loan two I'd be confident that we could significantly improve the first team and be confident of staying up. There's not an endless pool of good players just waiting to go on loan but I think there's enough who could be a success here

so you're happy to use old stories to support your random theories but aren't prepared to wait until, oooh, let's say 1st september, to see if they're correct?

strange man.

If i post something on a forum and add a link to the most pertinent media piece relating to that from 2 months ago its digging up the past? My thoughts are random theories and the best time to ask if i should be worried about what might happen in the remainder of the window is when its shut? And you call me strange? I've got a better idea....why just not speculate about anything to do with SAFC, wait until , oooh, lets say the seasons over...in fact shut this f***ing forum down because it serves no point.

Best bet with this place is probably to not post anything at all.

plenty of time

Yes we could.

I am getting a touch worried tho. No reason not to given our past transfer close foibles and time is ticking away.

To me we are still short a striker and a quality central midfielder. Possibly a defender as cover but not a priority.

We need to get the wage bill down and make a bit from transfers. Fletcher etc.

I wouldn't panic yet mind. Most of the deals get done after the season starts, because managers can work out what they need better.

The season starts next week man - not in september. The quality players should be here now !.,

nah the points you get in august dont count towards the final total :).

To me we are still short a striker and a quality central midfielder. Possibly a defender as cover but not a priority.

We need to get the wage bill down and make a bit from transfers. Fletcher etc.

I wouldn't panic yet mind. Most of the deals get done after the season starts, because managers can work out what they need better.

no panic, just mild concern

Once he signed the contract he can't get out of it unless he is prepared to give up his money. I do have the feeling that if things don't go his way he will walk out half way through, he has done this before at other clubs. We can't keep blaming managers, at some point you have to start pointing the finger at the board, yes it's the players who kick the ball but it's Short who pays their wages. Newcastle have made money available and gone down the right route in bringing quality we haven't done that apart from Lens, he is not enough unfortunately.
I think most with half a brain cell stopped placing the majority of blame on the manager after PdC.

O'Neill, PdC and Poyet all had huge faults of course, but an equally large amount of blame surely HAS to be passed to the players, given its the same core that has gone through 4 permanent managers, and thinks its acceptable to turn up for 8 games a season.

With regards to our business, I think theres only a handful who you can say have done worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back