Darren Williams taken ill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Described as the best man marker in the premier league by wenger think I will take his opinion over yours like
Zola in particular hated his company on the pitch!

Always liked Darren not the most skill full footballer we signed but £ for £ up there as one of our better buys

Hope he gets well soon

Was at one game where the ball came at him from high and like an exocet. Then it was stone dead at his feet like he was Zidane. We seemed to go quiet for a second and then applaud in a 'was that Darren Williams that did that?' moment.

Get well soon fella.

Hate it when people get taken ill after flying lost a good friend from dvt after a flight back from US. Get well soon dazza.

We're bound to have players that aren't quite as good as our first team. We're not a mega rich Champions League side, with an abundance of talent in our squad. This insistence on calling players shite because they're not top Premiership players is getting tedious.
Well put, it's easy to forget that DW joined us as an 18year old for £50k and gave 10years or so sterling service, he deserves a lot of respect from SAFC fans not derision

I saw the play off final recently, Williams and Craddock were bullied by a very average centre forward, they had a bit of a mare that day. I saw it live and thought the same then. Get well soon Darren, it was good a lot of the time.

Hope he gets better soon. Always tried hard and seems a genuinely nice guy.

Zola in particular hated his company on the pitch!

Always liked Darren not the most skill full footballer we signed but £ for £ up there as one of our better buys

Hope he gets well soon
Didn't he cost £50k?

I would have put him as one of the best buys pound for pound considering some of the garbage we have signed for much greater sums.

Thought DW was decent for us and always put in a good shift.

Didn't he cost £50k?

I would have put him as one of the best buys pound for pound considering some of the garbage we have signed for much greater sums.

Thought DW was decent for us and always put in a good shift.
£50k from York is how I remember it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back