Death on the rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

At the minute there'd be rounds of applause if it was an 'Isis' cell taken out by our lads and any TV documentary would be fully supportive of the action .........

Start of a bloody month as I seem to recall, not long after you had that guy Stone attack a funeral and then the killings of the Corporals at a funeral in West Belfast.

Seems like a different planet now

Granada (ITV) used to produce some real hard hitting docu's back in the day.
World in Action on a Monday night wasn't it?

I seem to remember ones they did around 1980/81 with the Russians piling into Afghanistan and I'm sure there was one then around a famine in East Africa

The World in Action documentary about the possible miscarriage of justice re: The Birmingham Six, remains one of the best pieces of investigative journalism I've seen, Which, along with the superb "Error of Judgement" book by Chris Mullen (Mackem, I believe)?, led to their eventual release and subsequent huge changes in the judicial system.

The World in Action documentary about the possible miscarriage of justice re: The Birmingham Six, remains one of the best pieces of investigative journalism I've seen, Which, along with the superb "Error of Judgement" book by Chris Mullen (Mackem, I believe)?, led to their eventual release and subsequent huge changes in the judicial system.
Chris Mullen was MP for Sunderland South when he wrote that book IIRC .......

Chris Mullen was MP for Sunderland South when he wrote that book IIRC .......
Chris Mullen was a treasure! It's a pity parliament is not full of blokes of the same calibre now! We could look forward to the future with some optimism.
I feel proud he was a Mackem.

Very interesting that, the first time I've seen it. I remember my boss who was quite right wing, being hugely enthusiastic about getting 'a great result' and me being a bit more ambivalent due to my concern about the rule of law not being observed. Geoffrey Howe and Co. were obviously lying but nothing new there. It's interesting to reflect how my views have changed over the years and the many more threats that society faces today, particularly in the light of recent events in Paris and Belgium. My opinion of what happened in Gibraltar is different now to what it was then and this post has made me realise that. I suppose that we now acknowledge that this sort of action is what is necessary to defeat the terrorists and we have to be as ruthless as they are. I feel very old and I despair of humanity.

Good riddance to the horrible feckers IMHO. It's mad that the likes of that wife are trying to defend the fuckers when if they'd have gotten their way, possibly hundreds of people including civilians would have been killed, maimed or injured. Also at the beginning when he mentions America kicking up a stink about it, then little over a decade later when terrorists start on their country they unleash an unfounded and unnecessary war which has no doubt claimed tens of thousands of lives, never mind just the three of known terrorists on a job. Absolute thundercunts.

Good riddance to the horrible feckers IMHO. It's mad that the likes of that wife are trying to defend the fuckers when if they'd have gotten their way, possibly hundreds of people including civilians would have been killed, maimed or injured. Also at the beginning when he mentions America kicking up a stink about it, then little over a decade later when terrorists start on their country they unleash an unfounded and unnecessary war which has no doubt claimed tens of thousands of lives, never mind just the three of known terrorists on a job. Absolute thundercunts.
Aye but the IRA were only freedom fighters marra! You know how many yanks claim to be irish.

That right? You're over there aint ya? Been a few years since my last states jaunt.
Was in the us in 81 and the whole Bobby Sands thing was all over the streets with fund raising. After 9/11 people have a different view of what is freedom fighting and what is terrorism when ordinary people die

good find..! remember it well especially as others have mentioned the subsequent events at their and the following funerals.

interesting article in the belfast telegraph stating that it was an ira commander turned informer Brendan 'Ruby' Davison who tipped off his handler about the gibraltar attack and subsequently got his mates killed.

funny how things turn out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back