Delta Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

What flight code is it? You might be on a flight operated by another airline.

Delta's alliance partners on the transatlantic are mainly Air France and KLM, but they also codeshare with Virgin. There's no reason for the OP to pay the 75 quid extra for an actual Virgin ticket if he's going to end up on a Virgin flight anyway, and Air France and KLM are better than Delta as well (just CDG sucks).

Agree, but still marginally better than United in my experience.

I'd fly United or American any day over Delta (and frequently do). United is horrible if you need to go through Newark and it's generally the most expensive of the three, but overall it's been a better experience for me than the horror show that is Delta.

Last edited:
Pay to fly with Virgin. I hate Delta. They're the worst of the American megacarriers for pretty much everything but price. I last flew them on Wednesday and it was one of the most aggravating travel experiences I've had in a long time. Where are you flying to?

Heathrow - LAX so not a short flight by any means.

Ill stick to virgin, will probably recover the £75 soon enough through air miles

I flew with them last year..

heathrow - boston then connected diwn to orlando..

coming back orlando..jfk..heathrow.

i thought they were realky good.. far better than the american companies i had used previously.

seat backtele had choice of dozens of movies and tv....

and they were not edited at all.. full if tge swearing..sex..violence which was a bonus

Anyone flown transatlantic with Delta before?

Good or bad experience?

FFS mods please move to SMB
Used them when i went to new york.

Outbound : best flight ive ever been on.
Inbound : worst flight ive ever been on.
Hope this helps

Fly to Atlanta a bit which is their base.

Used them first time. BA all the way after that.

I liked the food though.

Heathrow - LAX so not a short flight by any means.

Ill stick to virgin, will probably recover the £75 soon enough through air miles
Delta's non stop flights to the west coast are operated by Virgin on a code sharing basis. Often it is cheaper to book the fare thru Delta rather than Virgin. I personally like Delta. Would much rather fly Delta than American or United.

Delta's non stop flights to the west coast are operated by Virgin on a code sharing basis. Often it is cheaper to book the fare thru Delta rather than Virgin. I personally like Delta. Would much rather fly Delta than American or United.

Not anymore. 1 of the 2 LAX flights is now flown by Delta with a Virgin codeshare.

The last couple if times Ive been to the states I went on Air Lingus where you can do all your customs and immigration at Dublin or Shannon which essentially turns your flight into a domestic flight, reach your destination grab your bags and walk straight out, the lines are very short and quick unlike JFK or Philly which can be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back