Delta Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

The last couple if times Ive been to the states I went on Air Lingus where you can do all your customs and immigration at Dublin or Shannon which essentially turns your flight into a domestic flight, reach your destination grab your bags and walk straight out, the lines are very short and quick unlike JFK or Philly which can be a nightmare.
Good point this anything to avoid Queues at US inbound , i can get ryan air to dublin for £20 , what was the seating and entertainment like with AL then ?

Good point this anything to avoid Queues at US inbound , i can get ryan air to dublin for £20 , what was the seating and entertainment like with AL then ?
It was fine, modern up to date airbus. I think the inflight menu is on the website.

Not anymore. 1 of the 2 LAX flights is now flown by Delta with a Virgin codeshare.
Thanks for the info. Looked it up and Delta has 3 flights a day of which two are operated by Virgin. Delta has 2 flights a day out of SFO both are operated by Virgin

Virgin is by far and away the best experience I've had transatlantic and I've flown with 6 different operators. Delta was the worst. The aircraft didn't even have a TV in the back of the seat, it was only 3 years ago. Instead you had to watch some shite big screen at the front of cattle class. For £75 extra I would snap the hand off Virgin!!!

Went Schipol to Detroit in October and they had a great selection of entertainment on the seat back tv's. Thought the food was good as well as the general customer service on board. Much better than Air Lingus transatlantic.

The last couple if times Ive been to the states I went on Air Lingus where you can do all your customs and immigration at Dublin or Shannon which essentially turns your flight into a domestic flight, reach your destination grab your bags and walk straight out, the lines are very short and quick unlike JFK or Philly which can be a nightmare.
Been through Dublin with Aer Lingus a couple of times, and the US immigration bit is a real plus.

having said that, I waltzed through SFO immigration in under 8 minutes end to end just last week which was amazing.

Thanks for the info. Looked it up and Delta has 3 flights a day of which two are operated by Virgin. Delta has 2 flights a day out of SFO both are operated by Virgin

Delta also flies the Seattle flight, which is a better place to go if you're connecting onwards down the West Coast.

I don't mind Delta, they aren't great but they aren't that bad. I hate BA myself, far and away the worst experiences I've had traveling to and from America have been with them and not isolated incidents.

Virgin are also my favourite for the service, comfort etc. It all depends on how much £75 means to you, but I find Delta to be far from the horror show many have made them out to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back