Dementia

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnna

Striker
Lost Magpie
picked up a lass from whitley earlier today & took her to jarrow, while on the way she was saying her mam had dementia & she was visiting her, f***ing hell she got to the house & her mother freaked out , started calling her names & everything, throwing things at her & called the police & said she was a burglar :eek:, i couldn't believe it , ( never known anyone with it tbh ) anyway the lass was f***ing heartbroken & asked if i could just take her back, she said she didn't know if she had enough cash, i just gave her a lift back gratis like ( well , was going back anyway, she said she would drop the fare off at the office for me , i told her not to bother , its alreet ) i felt so f***ing sorry for her, her xmas i ruined , i honestly never knew people with dementia actually went on like that , that was the rest of my day ruined, cant stop thinking about the poor lass :( so upsetting her mam cant remember who she is now like , what a shame :(, hope none of my parents get this mind, & fell sorry for anyone's who have

picked up a lass from whitley earlier today & took her to jarrow, while on the way she was saying her mam had dementia & she was visiting her, f***ing hell she got to the house & her mother freaked out , started calling her names & everything, throwing things at her & called the police & said she was a burglar :eek:, i couldn't believe it , ( never known anyone with it tbh ) anyway the lass was f***ing heartbroken & asked if i could just take her back, she said she didn't know if she had enough cash, i just gave her a lift back gratis like ( well , was going back anyway, she said she would drop the fare off at the office for me , i told her not to bother , its alreet ) i felt so f***ing sorry for her, her xmas i ruined , i honestly never knew people with dementia actually went on like that , that was the rest of my day ruined, cant stop thinking about the poor lass :( so upsetting her mam cant remember who she is now like , what a shame :(, hope none of my parents get this mind, & fell sorry for anyone's who have

Our lasses nanna has dementia like. Horrible thing it is. She's not that bad but shes at the point now where shes just saying pseudo words and making no sense whatsoever.

Our lasses nanna has dementia like. Horrible thing it is. She's not that bad but shes at the point now where shes just saying pseudo words and making no sense whatsoever.
i was f***ing shocked like, never seen nowt like it tbh

Ma in law in later stages of that. It is a shocking disease & put great strain on missus. Upside is ma in law meets new people every day & the Christmas tv repeats all seem like new shows :lol: Joking aside terrible thing to have.

That was a nice gesture, OP. Mood swings and talking absolute nonsense are common symptoms of dementia, though. Have you gotten yourself checked?

It's a f***ing awful thing to witness. My mam had it for the last few years of her life. It was a relief when she finally went.

It's a f***ing awful thing to witness. My mam had it for the last few years of her life. It was a relief when she finally went.
well like i said, its honestly my first ever time witnessing it & hope its my last , terrible thing, i cant comprehend how you don't know who your daughter is ( obviously i know they do like, well after today anyway )

my mam had dementia before she died.
it is a cruel disease but i think it can sometimes be worse for the family and friends of the person who has it. the majority of people in the home she was in had it and it took a long time for me to click on that in they all seemed quite happy in their own little worlds. some of my best memories are of talking absolute shite with them.
there was one little old lady used to just totter about all over but never said a word. i always used to say hello to her and one day she said hello back and linked my arm as we walked into the dining room. might sound soft but it was a great feeling.
dementia can manifest itself in a lot of ways and unfortunately what @johnna saw is one of them.
it was a nice thing you did mind.

https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/

terrible disease... my second eldest brother's mother-in-law had it... when I first went to California from Ohio, I lived with him for a while and she used to live with them as well, so I got to see it first hand. It used devastate my sister-in-law sumthin' awful...

Fair play to you. Credit where it's due for the gesture.

terrible disease... my second eldest brother's mother-in-law had it... when I first went to California from Ohio, I lived with him for a while and she used to live with them as well, so I got to see it first hand. It used devastate my sister-in-law sumthin' awful...
as i did today , not nice mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back