Depression

It's horrific isn't it. Sorry hear that mate. I tried a routine up early for a walk eating properly write a diary plan your next day in 30 min slots the night before.
Having said that mine has returned with a vengeance. Didn't leave the house last week. I'm fucked again.

I've done the tablets, I've done the counselling, how on earth do I rid this horrible thing?
You dont. you just learn to manage it in my experience anyway. Just learn to recognise your own signs and remember your little goals (if the counsellor has taken you down that route) and manage it. Best of luck with it

My mam suffered with this a few years ago. It's awful to see on someone you love, but she somehow managed to come through, and it's like I've got my old mam back. Stick in mate, there is light at the end of this shitty tunnel.

Thanks guys, really is a horrible thing at times. Thought I was heading towards the clear a few weeks ago but clearly not, some down to circumstances but there are too many times I turn into a different person and can't explain it[DOUBLEPOST=1395615392][/DOUBLEPOST]
might seem a silly question but do you get a lot of sun exposure?

In this country? :lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1395615426][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you given up drink?

No, I should, and most likely will, I am an idiot when pissed at the moment, the mixture of the 2 is dangerous.

Supporting Sunderland doesn't help mind. Talk to your friends about it. Feels good to tell people. I've exchanged pm's with people on here about it. Feels good to get shit off your chest. It'll go eventually mate, keep that in mind.

i've had mild bouts of it currently controlling it well but its a fine line and i've got a couple of things coming up the next few weeks which will test me mainly uni work and waiting to hear about a dream job

What sort of counselling? I had an hour a fortnight chatting to some wifie, didn't find it half as useful as Talking Changes CBT work.

This was for Anxiety rather than Depression I hasten to add.

Back