Disneyland Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTR

Striker
Has anyone stayed at their hotels?

We went a couple of years ago, but stayed at a campsite about 20 miles away (Jablines) and got a shuttle bus in.

But I'm thinking of going just before Xmas for the missus' 30th Birthday.
I saw the price of the "princess castle" and it was £1,900 for 3 nights for the 2 of us, which seems insane.

Is there a better way to go about it than booking direct?
The 4* New York hotel was about half that price, which I guess isn't too bad if the tickets are included.

Any tips?

We went a couple of years ago, but stayed at a campsite about 20 miles away (Jablines) and got a shuttle bus in.

I saw the price of the "princess castle" and it was £1,900 for 3 nights for the 2 of us, which seems insane.

The 4* New York hotel was about half that price, which I guess isn't too bad if the tickets are included.

Any tips?
Yes, get a wife who has grown up.

Lucky girl, at least her husband doesn't just see her as a receptacle for semen.

I stayed at the Sequoia a few years ago and it was lovely. Meals are expensive though, so try to get at least B&b.

Reactions: PTR

Any tips?

We are booking up for next September. We priced it up and if we book before October then we can get 4 nights at the New York hotel for just over £800, that is just for the hotel and pases like and not flights as it is too early to book them. Seems you have to book well in advance to get a decent price on the hotel.

Lucky girl, at least her husband doesn't just see her as a receptacle for semen.

:eek::lol:

£1900 for three nights.

You could have a week in New York for that.

I know, but can't be chewed doing proper holidays while the bairn is so young.

Not sure whether the train or a quick flight and a metro to the station at the park is the best idea. Bairn will only be 10 months - I really don't fancy planes though. At least on a train we can move about a bit

The New York hotel is alright. I've stayed in the cowboy themed one and the Santa Fe one, and New York was definitely the pick of the bunch. And it's right next to the park so it takes about 5 minutes to walk in.

Not sure whether the train or a quick flight and a metro to the station at the park is the best idea. Bairn will only be 10 months - I really don't fancy planes though. At least on a train we can move about a bit
The Eurostar stops right next to the park iirc. It's a doddle.

Yes ..

It was shite and expensive as fook,the whole place not just the hotel.

The New York hotel is alright. I've stayed in the cowboy themed one and the Santa Fe one, and New York was definitely the pick of the bunch. And it's right next to the park so it takes about 5 minutes to walk in.

IIRC, the New York hotel £900 package I saw included tickets, which is about £250 for the 2 of us. So £650 for 3 nights hotel stay. Not cheap!

Yes ..

It was shite and expensive as fook,the whole place not just the hotel.

well, obviously I liked it when I was there 2 summers ago.

The Eurostar stops right next to the park iirc. It's a doddle.

Eurostar goes all the way to Chessy/Marne? - Just checked, seems it does. 2hr 40 mins. With 3hours to get to London, that's still a canny while. About 8 hours travelling.
Wonder how long a flight would take.

Various Eurostar trains do go directly to the park. In fact you can check in your luggage at Waterloo and get them sent to your room at the hotel.

Reactions: PTR
Stayed in a few of them. Personal favourite was the western themed one as I thought I might run into Yul Brynner dressed all in black.

Bearing in mind it's usually just a place to kip it's they're all perfectly fine. If you can get the deal with the meal plans in you can use the vouchers and add a bit more to it in cash if you fancy something a bit posher. If you've got little girls I highly recommend the restaurant behind the castle - it's expensive but worth it for the time they'll get with the characters. They'll never forget it.

1hr 50mins to fly with air france. Usually plan to have 2hours before take off in the airport, and about an hour from CDG to the park on the train, that's 5hours travelling time, which is a canny bit better than 8. I think 8 hours might be too much for a baby to put up with travelling. Too much for me tbh, Can fly to florida in that timescale!

Ah, I thought it was just you and the missus.

Stayed in a few of them. Personal favourite was the western themed one as I thought I might run into Yul Brynner dressed all in black.

Bearing in mind it's usually just a place to kip it's they're all perfectly fine. If you can get the deal with the meal plans in you can use the vouchers and add a bit more to it in cash if you fancy something a bit posher. If you've got little girls I highly recommend the restaurant behind the castle - it's expensive but worth it for the time they'll get with the characters. They'll never forget it.
That's exactly why I liked it! I usually have a wander round the western themed bit of the park on my own too, pretending I'm in Westworld.

Ah, I thought it was just you and the missus.

haven't worked out how we're going to do it yet. Was actually thinking of paying for the in-laws to come along so we can all enjoy it, or maybe just having 2 days and leaving her with the grandparents (one night each) - that option is much cheaper!!!

So the trains are about 3 hours for each leg. Assuming I can dovetail, I guess I could cut the total travel time to 7 hours. That's a long time to have kid on your knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back