Do Newcastle really have a chance of relegation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose if it did happen we could actually be the ones to relegate them by getting a win. That would taste so sweet, I doubt most of them would recover.
If Newcastle get beat by Leicester and QPR, it could contribute to our relegation. If you have any sense at all then you'll be hoping Newcastle get 6 more points.

No. There are too many conflicting contingencies. If Leicester are to reach 35 points, they'd likely have to take points from Us, QPR and Burnley which will stop us reaching that marker. Burnley would need to beat Leicester and Hull. At this stage of the season 1/2 teams can pull themselves out of the bottom 6 but not 4. If Newcaslte were in this position with 10 games to go, then they'd be in trouble.

If you look at the current form table, then Villa - and even Leicester - could certainly overtake them if their form remains bad.

But the rest of the teams down there have poor form themselves and would struggle to make up the difference now.

Nice idea, but 35 looks safe already - and I hope we get to it soon.

On current form and with the energy and appetite they are showing there's not a hope Newcastle will get anything from either Leicester or QPR.

There's only really Janmaat, Colback and Perez look remotely interested.

Swansea looked like a team with nothing to play for yesterday against Leicester, but at least a few of their players gave it a half decent go. To say the mags are on the beach already is an understatement, they're already on first name terms with the bloke dishing out the sunbeds.

Sadly with 35 points they're already safe.

maybe they should bring in a new manager to give them a bit of a lift

whoever is in charge at Palace at the minute seems to be getting the best out of a limited squad, they should try poaching him

We are in deeper but they are right in the mix, can't see them scoring goals, if they lose at home to Swansea they have a good chance of going down.

I suppose if it did happen we could actually be the ones to relegate them by getting a win. That would taste so sweet, I doubt most of them would recover.
Tha toon wurd explurd

We are in deeper but they are right in the mix, can't see them scoring goals, if they lose at home to Swansea they have a good chance of going down.
Whey no man. They have enough now. I would snap your hand off for a 35point finish.

If Newcastle get beat by Leicester and QPR, it could contribute to our relegation. If you have any sense at all then you'll be hoping Newcastle get 6 more points.
Fuck me I'm actually agreeing with you. We need them to beat both of them.

They have zero chance of going down.

It is three from four. Leicester will be fine, they are scoring goals, playing with confidence and have a good run in.

No hope of us, Burnley or Hull getting to 35 points. I doubt if QPR will either.

They've got Swansea, WBA and West Ham at home,at least 2 points there.
They'll gate best off Leicester and QPR away though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back