Do you think Short, Congerton and Poyet are on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alfred

Striker
Is there a masterplan......do they just need more time. Basically do you think they are competent at what they do. Short has been Chairman since October 2011.....Congerton has been in his role since March last year and Gus since October 2013.

Yes, I fully believe we are on the right track. Compare this to the De Fanti/Di Canio or the MON era, I never felt we were really going anywhere under these people. Short's got it right with these two guys. They've got their heads screwed on and they're looking to the future.

I don't really think they're on a track - I think they will switch track, direction, and station at the drop of a hat as long as we stay in the Premier League. I think the managerial appointments Short has made (as different as they have been) proves that.

The main things that worries me is we don't seem to have a club ethos. Going from Bruce to MON to Di Canio to Poyet we have from completely different managers, recruitment processes and playing styles. It would be good to pick one and stick to it no matter who the manager is. Swansea are a great example of this.

I'm still to be convinced.

Looking at the teams around us and their likely transfer signings in this window could leave us in real trouble if, as anticipated, we aren't making anymore signings ourselves.
I'm just not sure what Short's strategy is but whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be working in favour of the club or supporters.

Yes, I fully believe we are on the right track. Compare this to the De Fanti/Di Canio or the MON era, I never felt we were really going anywhere under these people. Short's got it right with these two guys. They've got their heads screwed on and they're looking to the future.

Er....Short appointed all the above mate...he was the Chairman at the time of those appointments.

The main things that worries me is we don't seem to have a club ethos. Going from Bruce to MON to Di Canio to Poyet we have from completely different managers, recruitment processes and playing styles. It would be good to pick one and stick to it no matter who the manager is. Swansea are a great example of this.

But Swansea have had as many managerial changes as we've had these last few years......and they have less to spend.

i don't think theyve the foggiest idea tbh

It's early days for Congerton tbf but the early signs aren't that encouraging. Short on the other hand has been in control (as Chairman) for three and a half years now.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Which one of the 3 are you? We're as far away as it's possible to get

I think that's the thinking behind the DoF position, and I bet that Swansea are one of the teams Short if definitely trying to emulate. Consistency in thought, playing style, recruitment and then we don't have to throw everything out and start again with each manager change. It just seems that the first DoF we appointed wasn't great so we even had to change him. Hopefully Congerton will prove to be a better appointment.

The track that they have been left on and given leaves them with few directions in which to look in. They are doing ok given the mess that we have been over the last few years. Could still do better on the pitch though.

Is there a masterplan......do they just need more time. Basically do you think they are competent at what they do. Short has been Chairman since October 2011.....Congerton has been in his role since March last year and Gus since October 2013.

Short is the new Bob Murray. after his brief flirtation with the 'Udinese model' i.e buy cheap, sell high (see up the road), he has gone for a corner shop model with Congerton as the shop keeper.

Depends. Are you asking if we think the track theyre on / want is the right way to go
Or
Or they on track for what they want to do

I think Short's on track 'for what he wants to do'

Whether i agree with it is another matter

Poyet one of them ? :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back