Does anyone else fear for Hartlepool this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laeotaekhun

Striker
My own impression is that they will end up as the "whipping boys" of League 2 and will be in the Conference next year.

What do you think?

I think we've got enough problems of our own marra! Nothing we have done so far suggests anything other than a struggle to reach 17th place.

If we got relegated, then Hartlepool fans would be on their forum saying 'Does anyone fear for Sunderland going out of business'

they look as good as down
daft to sell your best striker and not have a replacement lined up especially for the cash they got for him

Hopefully they can turn it round. The region needs league teams and perhaps we could loan them a couple of players to assist their cause.

Can't see them turning it around sadly. Pools went to shit when Hignett went to Boro. Brad Walker will be next out the door come the next transfer window.

Bloke at work goes to watch them and apparently they have been shocking 90% of the season. Would prefer them to stay up like

A few of the lads on here who watch Hartlepool reckon that Cooper is an awful manager.

If he goes Sam Collins will be in line to replace Cooper as he's been looking after the reserves. They have no money to spend as their outgoings are all based on small installments over the next few year.

I was brought up in the days where all "the region's" teams, as Tyne Tees called them, were highlighted in the old Football Pink, even Workington!, so it's sad to see we've lost them, and Darlo, and I reckon it will be both Hartlepool and Carlisle this season.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind if the Mags went down! :lol:

I was brought up in the days where all "the region's" teams, as Tyne Tees called them, were highlighted in the old Football Pink, even Workington!, so it's sad to see we've lost them, and Darlo, and I reckon it will be both Hartlepool and Carlisle this season.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind if the Mags went down! :lol:

I can remember when Hartlepools Utd (iirc) seemed to apply for re-election to the league, season after season, but then seemed to rise above that.

It now seems to me, with automatic promotion/relegation, that they are dead men walking, which after only 9/46 games is a massive indictment of their management/directors.

On a personal level, I would be saddened if, yet another, lower league NE team dissapeared into (possible) oblivion.

Like you, though, I would be more than happy if it happened to NUFC!

Last edited:
As it stands, I think the rest of the contenders are fighting to avoid 23rd as I reckon Carlisle have got 24th sewn up already. So there is that positive.

Pretty confident Carlisle will beat the drop. Apparently a fair few positives in their second half display at the weekend and hopefully they get a new manager bounce. Mind, Carlisle vs Hartlepool is the final fixture and i originally thought that would be a nothing midtable end of season match, but it looks like anything but now (unless both have already been relegated of course). If it comes down to it i would obviously be cheering on the Cumbrians, but hopefully both stay up comfortably.

HEED WILL REPLACE THEM ... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ARMY
Hopefully Heed will join both of them in League 2 next season, but a very competitive league is the conference. Very tight at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back