Does anyone rent films anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubberglove

Winger
With the internet, chipped boxes, SKY, etc etc

Does anyone actually go to the likes of Blockbuster anymore?

Been years since I set foot in one

Aye we do. Usually go once a week to get an armful.

Nah marra because it has been gone for a couple of years now.
There's still places that do rentals. Lovefilm and Amazon do it.

To answer the original question, yes people still do although the amount has massively declined. Used to love waiting till my mam got in from my granda's to see what film she brought in.

There's still places that do rentals. Lovefilm and Amazon do it.

To answer the original question, yes people still do although the amount has massively declined. Used to love waiting till my mam got in from my granda's to see what film she brought in.
Ooooo sorry pet.

Nah neebody rents films anymore. Why would you when you can buy them from amazon second hand for about £3. No market for them anymore.

Zodiac in Jarrow. Been gone some time. Was replaced by Choices (?) iirc, also gone, didn't really bother with it that much.

I actually miss my trips to Blockbuster. Used to love going down seeing what was on the shelves and then picking a few films and watching them back at home.

Not into this downloading malarkey, and can't stand watching films on an iPad / Laptop etc.

I actually miss my trips to Blockbuster. Used to love going down seeing what was on the shelves and then picking a few films and watching them back at home.

Not into this downloading malarkey, and can't stand watching films on an iPad / Laptop etc.

You know you can download stuff in Bluray and watch it on your telly? For free?

How is that not better?

Loved blockbuster in concord, pop down on a sarrada with kids, pick a film, get some popcorn and shit...

When that went, go into lovefilm but with sky having a massive library on demand i duffed that.

Loved blockbuster in comcord, pop down on a sarrada with kids, pock a film, get some pop corn and shit...

When that went go into lovefilm but with sky having a massive library on demand i duffed that.

Aye I was thinking of getting sky movies as opposed to Lovefilm for that reason.

Aye I was thinking of getting sky movies as opposed to Lovefilm for that reason.
You can rent on SKY too, also they have this wierd sales thing where you buy the film, watch on your SKY box, and they send the DVD to you in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back