Does Your Car Have Any Weird Foibles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mine used to decide I wasn't allowed to tell the time or use the radio until I'd pulled down both sun visors at the same time to switch the lights on.

Revs used to drop sufficiently to cause the engine to stall when I dipped the clutch to come to a stop and change down into first. Would require ten seconds of holding it at 1,000 rpm to get it to start and keep going again.

Throttle body given a good clean out and no problems whatsoever now.

My car likes misfiring and randomly trying to stall at about 40-55mph which gets exciting sometimes:lol: coolant needs constantly topping up but no obvious leak. Engine warning light permanently on. Engine rattles constantly and pisses out oil

On a completely unrelated note does anyone want to buy a car?:lol:

Mine seems to attract stains on the back seat, they seem to increase when our lass has been out playing badminton.

Every few thousand miles all the gauges drop to zero then climb back up to where they should be.
First time I saw it happen I was doing 70+ on the M1... Just a bit unnerving.

Instead of petrol or diesel I put frozen fish fillets in the tank.

Exhaust fumes can sometimes smell funny but other than that it's fine.

hmm, lets see now

my horn is a switch just to the right of the steering wheel (next to my headlight adjust) as the horn on the wheel does'nt work
if i dont start the car within 15 seconds of unlocking it the immobiliser kicks back in and it wont start
it takes at least 12 seconds to start anyway (not leaving much time to get in, and put the key in)
it had a rattle from the bottom engine cover that turned out to be a spanner that was in there
now instead of a rattle from down there the whole thing seems to vibrate when its stopped at junctions - i think the spanner was probably wedged in there to stop said vibration

oh, and i cant see very well out of the windows - but thats probably just my bad eyesight

all in all, not a bad little bus as my mechanic friend used to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back