Dolphins in Cornwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
They get plenty to eat over there mate . They don't want to eat some hairy arsed bloke in a rubber suit when there's fresh tuna on the menu !

Aye lad, wasn't overly worried about either, just takes ya back a bit when you first catch a glimpse of them. Walked back from the bar to our villa one evening in the shallows and a juvenile reef shark followed us the whole way about three feet from us, amazing.

Dolphins are mint. Had the fortune to dive with wild ones in a few places. It will never cease to amazed me that they actually, actively want to play with you. They seem to have an amazing sense of self, and enjoyed mimicking us, almost taking the piss at some stages. Amazing creatures.

Makes you wonder about non-human intelligence.

Saw on the Discovery channel recently some native fisherman somewhere who stand in a circle in the shallows with their casting nets. The dolphins swim into the bay, round up all the fish and then signal to the humans when to hoy their nets in the water to get a full haul. Amazing scenes and makes you wonder how that relationship evolved.
It's in Brazil. I saw something about, was amazing.
Robson Green went over for his programme. He couldn't catch any, even with dolphins doing the work for him.

Dolphins are mint. Had the fortune to dive with wild ones in a few places. It will never cease to amazed me that they actually, actively want to play with you. They seem to have an amazing sense of self, and enjoyed mimicking us, almost taking the piss at some stages. Amazing creatures.

Makes you wonder about non-human intelligence.

Dolphins, elephants and crows are very clever (for animals)

Crows, for example, have been shown to perform as well as children in the 7-10 age group in some studies of intelligence and have also been shown to be able to recognise and distinguish between certain humans.

Dolphins, elephants and crows are very clever (for animals)

Crows, for example, have been shown to perform as well as children in the 7-10 age group in some studies of intelligence and have also been shown to be able to recognise and distinguish between certain humans.
I saw a South African bloke on TV who kept a badger called Stossel in a pen in his yard. Badger kept escaping no matter what he did to keep him in. It was amazing to see how cunning and creative he would get to earn his freedom. Building mounds, burrowing, leaning logs against the wall, it was like The Great Escape badger style.

I saw a South African bloke on TV who kept a badger called Stossel in a pen in his yard. Badger kept escaping no matter what he did to keep him in. It was amazing to see how cunning and creative he would get to earn his freedom. Building mounds, burrowing, leaning logs against the wall, it was like The Great Escape badger style.

I've seen that too. Devious f***ing thing it was!

Saw on the Discovery channel recently some native fisherman somewhere who stand in a circle in the shallows with their casting nets. The dolphins swim into the bay, round up all the fish and then signal to the humans when to hoy their nets in the water to get a full haul. Amazing scenes and makes you wonder how that relationship evolved.
Aye seen that. Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back