Don Hutchinson - your fault Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's leaving plenty of the facts out there. Poyet may have made 5 signings but he was given basically nothing to spend. IMO we absolutely needed (at least) a backup goalie, a left back and a striker. Difficult to argue that we didn't need a Centre Half and a midfielder too, since both Roberge and Diakite had looked out of their depth and most people weren't happy with Larsson in the middle. One of Poyet's signings was a loan, whilst another 2 were freebies/very cheap, short term deals. He was hardly given the money or freedom that were handed to O'Neill, Bruce or De Fanti.

There have been a few bargain signings in the Premier Leauge that have come off but usually you get what you pay for. N'Gog is the only striker I can think of who went for around the same as Scocco in January and he's had a similar impact there.

Bringing Hull into it is irrelevant. I think both of their strikers were around £7 million each. Palace spent more than we did in January too. Poyet's signings haven't come off, but it's as much Short's fault as it is his. We were in desperate need of some quality and we were once again forced to do things on the cheap, which had failed miserably in the summer.

Music to Ellis shorts ears that. Nowt wrong with the club and everything to do with the players and the manager.

Not.

I suppose my case would be bolstered if we had been relegated umpteen times before.....oh hang on....

You will not be happy until the club is burnt to cinders you!

He's leaving plenty of the facts out there. Poyet may have made 5 signings but he was given basically nothing to spend. IMO we absolutely needed (at least) a backup goalie, a left back and a striker. Difficult to argue that we didn't need a Centre Half and a midfielder too, since both Roberge and Diakite had looked out of their depth and most people weren't happy with Larsson in the middle. One of Poyet's signings was a loan, whilst another 2 were freebies/very cheap, short term deals. He was hardly given the money or freedom that were handed to O'Neill, Bruce or De Fanti.

There have been a few bargain signings in the Premier Leauge that have come off but usually you get what you pay for. N'Gog is the only striker I can think of who went for around the same as Scocco in January and he's had a similar impact there.

Bringing Hull into it is irrelevant. I think both of their strikers were around £7 million each. Palace spent more than we did in January too. Poyet's signings haven't come off, but it's as much Short's fault as it is his. We were in desperate need of some quality and we were once again forced to do things on the cheap, which had failed miserably in the summer.
Fair points, Long always gets mentioned but his price tag was out of our remit, wonder if Sess would have given us a ringing endorsement anarl?

You will not be happy until the club is burnt to cinders you!
Rubbish. What you're all looking to do is find a quick fix for safc. It doesn't exist. Don Hutchison was here at the beat time for the club since the 50s. He only knows the club from that period. Plenty of us on here know the club from over a 40 year plus period.

Hutchison is right about Poyet and the players but wrong to insinuate that the rest of the club is fine. Our club has a 50 year history now of being shire t this level. That is not Poyet or fletcher a fault.

The latter are merely on a long line of managers and players at safc who has failed.

The truth and aolution is out there and it has always resided in the corridors of power at safc.

He went and bought a holding midfielder when we were screaming out for creativity and an unfit striker, add those two together it's a decent wedge of money.
The less said about tactics and team selection the better.

Th

this. January is a terrible month try and bring in quality, especially when the owner lets you spend fuck all

All the other managers couldn't motivate them either, their is a pattern I merging here.
We continually appoint shite managers?

Clearly none of them has possessed much man management skills.

The players have done well in the cups and defeated some of the country's top football teams. They clearly have the ability if they are managed properly and if the managers give two fucks.

He went and bought a holding midfielder when we were screaming out for creativity and an unfit striker, add those two together it's a decent wedge of money.
The less said about tactics and team selection the better.

Bridcutt was around 2 million and Scocco was 3 or 4 million. That still doesn't get you Shane Long. Admittedly, neither of those signings have come off at all but, you're not going to get a good creative midfielder for 2 million so my guess is that he brought in someone who he thought would be solid and would help our 1 creative midfielder to play. Scocco was a gamble that hasn't paid off, but that's the only way you're going to get a good striker for that money in January: going for someone who is out of favour and hoping they'll hit the ground running. The signings haven't been good but he was given a very, very difficult job finding good players for that sort of money

No we didn't. They spent £3m on Hennessey plus undisclosed fees for Puncheon and Dann. We spent £3m on Scocco

They paid for Ledley too and will have paid a bit for Ince given how in-demand he was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back