Don't know what was in it

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should someone be able to set up loads of anonymous social media accounts and use them to post constant hateful falsehoods about other individuals with impunity? Should a recently bereaved family have to endure a bombardment of vicious slurs about the deceased with no recourse to the law?

Almost everyone would say "no" , and as soon as they do it's an acceptance that there has to be a line drawn somewhere regarding what can be said or not without breaking the law, it just depends where the line is drawn. This case is probably borderline, reading the Malicious Communications Act, but he hasn't been found guilty yet. The police probably felt it was right to charge him with the offence given the number of complaints they presumably received.

See Mr Monkey V S.Tyneside council.

Edit. The council has just dropped the case. It was fun watching that Ahmed Khan wriggle. :mad:

Bodies aren't even home yet and you are making tactless remarks. Being a tit doesn't give you kudos either.

Well yes there obviously was a "bandwagon" because the amount has gone from £100 to £30k but so what?
It's not tactless. I do not care in the slightest that these blokes died on their way to the match. Just like I didnt care about Diana dying, or the African famine, or any telethon ever. It doesn't mean I disrespect the dead or their families. It just means nothing to me, yet I find myself having to justify that position. Should I be upset because I'm from the NE? A football fan? English? I find the whole thing hypocritical, but coming out and saying this is taboo, it seems.

He deserves ridicule and condemnation. What he doesnt deserve is a criminal charge. Twitter murblings are little more than the brain farts of most people. Scary if governments start cracking down on them
I think the fact he kept going after his initial brain fart, the families of those poor fellas don't need to be seeing or hearing about that kind of shit at such a horrifically painful time :(

It's not tactless. I do not care in the slightest that these blokes died on their way to the match. Just like I didnt care about Diana dying, or the African famine, or any telethon ever. It doesn't mean I disrespect the dead or their families. It just means nothing to me, yet I find myself having to justify that position. Should I be upset because I'm from the NE? A football fan? English? I find the whole thing hypocritical, but coming out and saying this is taboo, it seems.
Not at all, it just means you're a really, really shallow cunt.

He deserves ridicule and condemnation. What he doesnt deserve is a criminal charge. Twitter murblings are little more than the brain farts of most people. Scary if governments start cracking down on them
I don't think he'll get done, maybe a talking to but nothing more. As I said earlier, the reason the authorities have become involved in this case is due to the amount of complaints they'll have received about it after it was RT'd.

Not at all, it just means you're a really, really shallow cunt.

I don't think he'll get done, maybe a talking to but nothing more. As I said earlier, the reason the authorities have become involved in this case is due to the amount of complaints they'll have received about it after it was RT'd.
Shallow how? I have a well documented lack of empathy, true. But you could ask the same question of any if my mates and they would all answer the same. I often wonder if we exist on the same plain as the majority on here.

Shallow how? I have a well documented lack of empathy, true. But you could ask the same question of any if my mates and they would all answer the same. I often wonder if we exist on the same plain as the majority on here.
I envy you In a way. This accident or slaughter, has really shook me up and it has given me a really uneasy feeling for a couple of days coupled with nightmares.

Its near Asda in Pennywell.

He's a bit of a wrangun if local gossip is to be believed. Local as in South Hylton village, so not that local really.
Aye, I found it, Pegwood not Pegswood, I'd be worried If I were him, there's only four houses in that road.

Really? Jesus. I'd happily fly tomorrow and not worry about it for a second.
See. That answer sums up your lack of empathy. You did not consider that I might be upset about the tragic way these innocent people perished. I am flying next week but I didn't say I was worried about flying. I said I was shook up by the deaths of the passengers. My post was not about me worrying about self concerns, it was about being an empathetic human being, who suffers when they see others suffering.

I know what you mean.....it's sad but it doesn't register with me if I'm honest, but admitting as much kind of makes you a pariah

While i feel sad for the two newcastle fans deaths
I also feel that just because a numpty has posted a stupid comment, why has he ended up in court....
In the same vein, some people on this thread have called Herbal a c**t and other various names
So.... should they also be in court

My thread got pulled very quickly. I said similar things on FB but ended up removing my comments and apologising. I still stand by the Diana Syndrome comparison though.

Still think it's ridiculous that you can't have free speech in a democratic country.
We do have free speech.

That doesn't mean you're immune from getting pelters when you say something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back