Don't know what was in it

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not tactless. I do not care in the slightest that these blokes died on their way to the match. Just like I didnt care about Diana dying, or the African famine, or any telethon ever. It doesn't mean I disrespect the dead or their families. It just means nothing to me, yet I find myself having to justify that position. Should I be upset because I'm from the NE? A football fan? English? I find the whole thing hypocritical, but coming out and saying this is taboo, it seems.

I agree with this. I suppose it's natural that when people die in a tragedy which dominates the news headlines it attracts more attention. If, say, a couple of lads had died in a car crash on the way to a match, the grief for the family is no less but there would be no such great fundraising campaign going on. Human nature at work.

The taboo issue probably comes from the fact that it's one thing to not particularly care about a tragic event, but quite another to go on about how much you don't care to a load of people who do.

How does not giving a fuck/making fun about fans of other teams dying make you a lowlife? Can everybody on here say that, hand on heart, they never made or laughed at a single joke about Hillsborough or Bradford?

Hand on heart - me

Mind that's not to say I haven't at other disasters so I'm not making out I'm a saint.

I agree. I stated on the other thread that a few years ago one of our fans got knocked down and killed on his way home from the match and there was nothing like this in response. I know this is more high profile, but it's equally as tragic. I just think there has been a bit of a bandwagon here.

Agree they are both tragic but don' think there has been much bandwagonning. Think it's just the extreme circumstances involved here.

Hand on heart - me

Mind that's not to say I haven't at other disasters so I'm not making out I'm a saint.

Agree they are both tragic but don' think there has been much bandwagonning. Think it's just the extreme circumstances involved here.

Thing is, I could have predicted exactly which of my friends would take to FB to say their RIPs and sure enough they were all there at the top of my feed. Don't you find it a bit odd that out of all my footy fan mates on there I knew who would be posting about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back