Don't want Sherwood as manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie couldn't do much with our shower of shit.
Too true.
Just because Sherwood has worked wonders at villa doesn't mean he would have made much of an impact here. The 2 sets of players are different. Unfortunately theirs have attributes like pace that are crucial at this level.

Our last managerial appointments have been that shit we can't really say "I don't want him because of blah blah"

I don't care who's in charge, I just want results

Aye... Nothing to do with Villa had an under performing top 10 side and we have one of the worst squads in the league.

He's an absolute bell and can be a bit of a confrontationalist at times but at least he sets his teams up to win games unlike some of our managers in recent times.

Villa were the perfect team for him to take over, Benteke is a top 4 striker on his day, and he will eventually move to a bigger club, he is simply too good for Villa. Delph is also a quality midfielder and could easily fit in at a top 6 side. Sherwood is a bit of a tit, but he's also got a positive philosophy and he's due some credit for how he's turned things around at Villa. He picked his next club wisely, he was slated for turning down other jobs, but he made a good decision in the end, he's taken over a team who have been badly underperforming for ages, but everyone knows that they have a handful of players who can rise to a very high level when they get going. I'm not sure he could have done the same job at QPR or here. We just don't have a Benteke or a Delph.

At the same time, we do have a lot of players that you would expect to be playing a lot better than they have been.

We haven't got a Benteke or a Delph
:eek:

This. :lol:

once again the smb rejection of something

....turns out to be on the money

is there any euro lottery numbers you dont fancy for tomorrow night???
lottery numbers who in your opion are "shite"

You wouldn't have got it. You didn't take into account Villa have far superior attacking players now did you.
It's daft to suggest he'd have done the same job at any club. He took over the ideal club, they look lightyears ahead of the other bottom 5 teams right now in terms of quality. All Villa needed was a positive manager, Lambert had lost the plot and sucked all the life out of them. It was the perfect job to come in and have an immediate impact simply by changing the attitude of the players, and that's obviously his best quality, being a man-motivator.

The other thing that I find daft is the fact that Poyet did basically the same thing last season, kept us up and led us to a cup final. For all we know, Sherwood could be a flop next season. Taking over a manager who has failed is the easiest way to make yourself look great. Sherwood has won 5 games and he's now some kind of genius. Fair play to him, but often it's a change of attitude/mentality that does the trick. Sherwood is what Poyet was last season, someone who came in and changed everything. Things change quickly in football, last year's hero is this year's public enemy no.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back