Download Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just posted this in another thread

Sunday at Download was excellent.

The Darkness in the Maverick tent were superb, it was rammed, they should have been on the Zippo Encore stage.

L7 and Tremonti both put in good solid sets, I caught the back end of slashes set which was so-so then it was time the the 2 big guns.

Motley Crue were a great support act for Kiss and ran them a very close 2nd in terms if performance. Kiss had some Stage malfunctions to deal with , firstly they KISS banner that usually covers the stage wouldn't go up correctly so their entrance looked a bit daft as you could already see Eric Singer on his drum riser. They also had serious problems with Genes Harness on God of Thunder. In the end his bass tech had to disconnect him , he didn't look happy at all.

Other than that there set was so so, the same one as they've trotted out for about the past 10 years with very little deviation although it was nice to hear creatures of the night LIVE. Paul's voice is clearly gone now and gene seemed to have more of his songs in the set last night to make up for this but theatrically and visually it looked great, fire, explosions, confetti. A good way to end the weekend.

I hope DL get some new headliners next year, maybe someone like Pearl Jam Instead of slipknot for the millionth time

The Darkness in the Maverick tent were superb, it was rammed, they should have been on the Zippo Encore stage.

L7 and Tremonti both put in good solid sets, I caught the back end of slashes set which was so-so then it was time the the 2 big guns.

Motley Crue were a great support act for Kiss and ran them a very close 2nd in terms if performance. Kiss had some Stage malfunctions to deal with , firstly they KISS banner that usually covers the stage wouldn't go up correctly so their entrance looked a bit daft as you could already see Eric Singer on his drum riser. They also had serious problems with Genes Harness on God of Thunder. In the end his bass tech had to disconnect him , he didn't look happy at all.

Other than that there set was so so, the same one as they've trotted out for about the past 10 years with very little deviation although it was nice to hear creatures of the night LIVE. Paul's voice is clearly gone now and gene seemed to have more of his songs in the set last night to make up for this but theatrically and visually it looked great, fire, explosions, confetti. A good way to end the weekend.

I hope DL get some new headliners next year, maybe someone like Pearl Jam Instead of slipknot for the millionth time
Kiss? f***ing hell man.

did have a look for other threads but didnt see anything.
Thought FNM were the highlight for me. Seen Crue and Kiss before so kinda knew what to expect.
Think its a good thing Crue are calling it a day. Vince Neil looked hilarious! Mick Mars looked like he was just about to die too.
I personally cannot take Kiss seriously. Great 'show' but I find myself laughing through most of it!

did have a look for other threads but didnt see anything.
Thought FNM were the highlight for me. Seen Crue and Kiss before so kinda knew what to expect.
Think its a good thing Crue are calling it a day. Vince Neil looked hilarious! Mick Mars looked like he was just about to die too.
I personally cannot take Kiss seriously. Great 'show' but I find myself laughing through most of it!

I reckon Mick Marrs is already dead , they just wheel him on and someone plays behind a curtain.

I'll probs go to see them in Newcastle in November like.I never saw FNM bit a cpl if folk I spoke to in the arena said they came across as a bunch of knobs on stage

Shite is something you are obviously very familiar with? Kiss FFS...:lol:

I've seen your musical tastes on other threads , you're the last person to critiquing bands on here haha

I reckon Mick Marrs is already dead , they just wheel him on and someone plays behind a curtain.

I'll probs go to see them in Newcastle in November like.I never saw FNM bit a cpl if folk I spoke to in the arena said they came across as a bunch of knobs on stage
You may be right! Vince Neil looked like a sausage that was about to burst! Wish T Lee could say Fuck yea Motherfuckers a bit more... :D
FNM were class. Think its just their demeanor like. Glad they didnt play much of the new album though. Not impressed!

I've seen your musical tastes on other threads , you're the last person to critiquing bands on here haha
How can you confuse Kiss as a band?

You may be right! Vince Neil looked like a sausage that was about to burst! Wish T Lee could say Fuck yea Motherfuckers a bit more... :D
FNM were class. Think its just their demeanor like. Glad they didnt play much of the new album though. Not impressed!

Tell you who was utter clart- Billy Idol. The last time I saw a crowd as flat as that at Download was when Biffy Clyro sub headlined in 2012 to Metallica

Tell you who was utter clart- Billy Idol. The last time I saw a crowd as flat as that at Download was when Biffy Clyro sub headlined in 2012 to Metallica
I genuinely thought he was dead! Sure I read it a couple of years back. Only saw him from afar as had no interest seeing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back