Download Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse were the band of the weekend for me, they were mindblowingly good and they played some rarer and heavier songs which is a bonus

whose wig fell off Gene or Pauls??

To be honest with the wind the way it was we were half expecting one of them to fall off..gene had to cut short his fire breathing as he was struggling to contain the direction of the flames and it almost blew back and took his face off

Pissed on Metallica from a very great height that day.

They were still poor though that day , just my opinion mind. I had high hopes after seeing them at Milton Keynes supporting the Foos where they were exceptionally good.

Download just seemed the wrong type of crowd/event for them, think they're more suited to things like T in the park or Glastonbury

They were still poor though that day , just my opinion mind. I had high hopes after seeing them at Milton Keynes supporting the Foos where they were exceptionally good.

Download just seemed the wrong type of crowd/event for them, think they're more suited to things like T in the park or Glastonbury
We all thought they were hellish and we're not even fans.

Metallica were a massive let down (not really fans of them neither like but still, they were a let down).

Your patter is shite marra

I haven't been since it was Donington MOR in 1995. Is it decent? I've often been tempted but at the age of 37 I am becoming increasingly aware of the fact that the average age of a festival goer these days is nearly 20 years younger than I am (Leeds/Reading being prime examples).

I was following Download over the weekend on Twitter because I met the organiser Andy Copping as a kid a few times due to my old man working with him during his Nottingham Rock City days but they've lost contact so I can't tap him up for a freebie or two unfortunately.

I haven't been since it was Donington MOR in 1995. Is it decent? I've often been tempted but at the age of 37 I am becoming increasingly aware of the fact that the average age of a festival goer these days is nearly 20 years younger than I am (Leeds/Reading being prime examples).

I was following Download over the weekend on Twitter because I met the organiser Andy Copping as a kid a few times due to my old man working with him during his Nottingham Rock City days but they've lost contact so I can't tap him up for a freebie or two unfortunately.

Me and my mates enjoy going, there's your fair share of youngins but can't remember seeing any bother any of the times I've been there and everyone on the whole is really friendly,

we got talking to a cpl of manc brothers who were asking us if we were from shields cos his lass had just ran away with someone from there haha.

We only went on the Sunday this year as the rest if the lineup didn't really appeal to us so just stayed in a hotel for the night which was about a mile from the venue.

As I said before I really hope they look to mix the headliners up next year as they same to book the same ones in a cycle.

In my opinion Muse are massively over rated. With the monstrosity that is Marylin Manson on the second stage I decided to give Muse a go on the main but I lasted 5 songs. They just bore the life out of me, all the music sounds similar and his voice irratates me.

A Day To Remember and Enter Shikari the highlights for me along with Yellowcard on third stage.

We all thought they were hellish and we're not even fans.

Metallica were a massive let down (not really fans of them neither like but still, they were a let down).

I'm not really a fan of either but I thought Biffy were awful that day :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been watching the highlights programme on Sky Arts and really enjoyed it. Never been a fan of Slipknot and never will be but you have to say that they are a great live act and have come on a lot musically. Muse, the same for me too. Kiss still putting on a great show even though Stanleys voice is not what it was.
You can download Download on sky arts catch up if anyone missed it.

In my opinion Muse are massively over rated. With the monstrosity that is Marylin Manson on the second stage I decided to give Muse a go on the main but I lasted 5 songs. They just bore the life out of me, all the music sounds similar and his voice irratates me.

A Day To Remember and Enter Shikari the highlights for me along with Yellowcard on third stage.

I'm not really a fan of either but I thought Biffy were awful that day :lol:

Aren't a day to remember the ones who did that Kelly Clarkson song? Truly dreadful stuff.

My first donington was 1987 and the last was 1996 when Kiss headlined with Ace & Peter. Kind of ironic as I now live less than 10 miles from Donington but couldn't be arsed with a 3 day event, 1 day is enough just get hammered and get into the mosh pit down the front!

Caught a bit of it on Sky Arts last night. Never listened to Motley Crue before, was well impressed with the lead guitarists New Orleans undertaker look. Cool as fook. That Strat of his has seen some miles anarl?

Caught a bit of it on Sky Arts last night. Never listened to Motley Crue before, was well impressed with the lead guitarists New Orleans undertaker look. Cool as fook. That Strat of his has seen some miles anarl?
Logon or register to see this image

Clutch were amazing, f***ing great live band. Electric Worry sounded brilliant on the sky coverage.

FTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back