Download Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone catch H.E.A.T.?
Excellent band. Saw them at the Academy a while back and they were great.

Clutch were amazing, f***ing great live band. Electric Worry sounded brilliant on the sky coverage.

FTM

One of the best bands around at the moment. can`t wait for their new album.

My first donington was 1987 and the last was 1996 when Kiss headlined with Ace & Peter. Kind of ironic as I now live less than 10 miles from Donington but couldn't be arsed with a 3 day event, 1 day is enough just get hammered and get into the mosh pit down the front!

I was there for that. I`d waited years to see the original 4 back together. Really enjoyed it but thought they were much better at Manchester in the November when I was loads closer to the stage and they did I Stole Your Love too.

went on the saturday mainly to see Muse, great day even if the weather wasn't the best. the cashless system was amazing compared to my experiences of leeds festival waiting ages for a pint :)

I was in the area staying in Mickleover. Didn't attend the festival but noted several unsavoury looking characters with long hair and black megadeth type t-shirts on in my 4 star hotel.

4* hotel.

You snivelling peasant

We all thought they were hellish and we're not even fans.

Metallica were a massive let down (not really fans of them neither like but still, they were a let down).

They peaked in 1987, hit a low in the 90's and have been pretty much bumping along since

Last edited:
Caught a bit of it on Sky Arts last night. Never listened to Motley Crue before, was well impressed with the lead guitarists New Orleans undertaker look. Cool as fook. That Strat of his has seen some miles anarl?

Logon or register to see this image

That's not a 'look', Mick Mars has looked like that for about 15 years.

Just been watching the highlights programme on Sky Arts and really enjoyed it. Never been a fan of Slipknot and never will be but you have to say that they are a great live act and have come on a lot musically. Muse, the same for me too. Kiss still putting on a great show even though Stanleys voice is not what it was.
You can download Download on sky arts catch up if anyone missed it.

one of the best live bands I've seen over the years like, whether you're into them or not it's an experience.

In my opinion Muse are massively over rated. With the monstrosity that is Marylin Manson on the second stage I decided to give Muse a go on the main but I lasted 5 songs. They just bore the life out of me, all the music sounds similar and his voice irratates me.
granted the last 5 or 6 albums MM have been entirely gash, but as far as live acts go you've missed out if you haven't seen them before. f***ing fantastic stage show and performance.
on a more bitchy note, Enter Shitari could only f***ing dream of having the run of albums MM did between 95 and 2000 ;)

Last edited:
Did anyone catch H.E.A.T.?
The bass players g.f was stood next to us - had a big craic with her, very hard working band - they were setting up and taking down there own gear.

Got back to the hotel we were staying at and the band were in the same hotel - nice set of lads sat with us while we had a pizza a few cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back