Driving to Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJK91

Full Back
Driving down to Fulham on tuesday, whats the best route to take? Also whats the latest I could set off from Sunderland to make it for kick off?

A1/m1 then m25 west to m4 get off at Hammersmith then a219 and its down there on the right. Need to leave at least 5 hours

Forget the M1 it is a nightmare with road works, average cameras and the amount of accidents. Straight down A1 pick up M25 West to M4 and off at Hammersmith as previously said. Again leave 5 hours plus

If you get in pre rush hour it might be worth m1 all the way in, take north circular to hanger lane then a40 to white city. Then make your way straight down Hammersmith and Fulham. I live in South London and that's how I get down through London.

I've just driven up from 4 miles from Fulham to Fulwell and it took me just over five hours. I took the M25, M1, A1 .......

You've got a canny stretch of roadworks on the A1 between here and Catterick, so when I drive back I'll do the A19 to miss them. Then you have three 20 + mile stretches of roadworks with average speed restrictions of 50mph. Not sure whether the A1 might be a better bet .... other posters have mentioned taking the A40 to White City rather than M25. Have to admit the stretch of M25 round to the M4 can be brilliant, but more times than enough it can be a nightmare so it's a bit of Russian Roulette with that one.

Not sure what your plans are for parking round there though as quite a bit of it is Residents Only and the rest is one hour maximum stay - careful with that one because the signs are ambiguous, but the wardens are very active. Here's a link to the Craven Cottage Guide : http://www.footballgroundguide.com/fulham/#Craven-Cottage-Fulham-Directions

Good luck ....

Driving down to Fulham on tuesday, whats the best route to take? Also whats the latest I could set off from Sunderland to make it for kick off?
The reason I'm not driving is there's a parking ban in Fulham and Putney on match days meaning you can only park for Max of 1 hour unless you have a permit.
If you can park in Hammersmith do that and get a tube or walk

You will be a lot better getting on the m4 then going to the a3 that section of the m25 is a nightmare.
I would give it 6 hours personally with traffic and parking plus walking to the ground

I've just driven up from 4 miles from Fulham to Fulwell and it took me just over five hours. I took the M25, M1, A1 .......

You've got a canny stretch of roadworks on the A1 between here and Catterick, so when I drive back I'll do the A19 to miss them. Then you have three 20 + mile stretches of roadworks with average speed restrictions of 50mph. Not sure whether the A1 might be a better bet .... other posters have mentioned taking the A40 to White City rather than M25. Have to admit the stretch of M25 round to the M4 can be brilliant, but more times than enough it can be a nightmare so it's a bit of Russian Roulette with that one.

Not sure what your plans are for parking round there though as quite a bit of it is Residents Only and the rest is one hour maximum stay - careful with that one because the signs are ambiguous, but the wardens are very active. Here's a link to the Craven Cottage Guide : http://www.footballgroundguide.com/fulham/#Craven-Cottage-Fulham-Directions

Good luck ....
Just beat lol
I can drive there in 20-30 mins but with the parking it isn't worth it.
£6.70 return on the train for me

Last edited:
The parking is a nightmare as not only is it permit parking but its also a real congestion spot round that way. Hammersmith and along Fulham Palace Road is an absolute nightmare.

My Fulham supporting mates park well over into Fulham around the Dawes road area when they drive. Canny hike to the ground mind

Good luck ....

If you prefer to miss all the 50mph restrictions on the M1 coming south then stay on the A1 to Newark and pick up the A46 for Leicester. Straight road dual carriageway will take you all the way down to the M1 at Leicester Forest services in about 40mins at a steady lick. It runs past my door here in Cotgrave and is never busy enough to cause problems. Plus I can be picked up much easier;)

If you prefer to miss all the 50mph restrictions on the M1 coming south then stay on the A1 to Newark and pick up the A46 for Leicester. Straight road dual carriageway will take you all the way down to the M1 at Leicester Forest services in about 40mins at a steady lick. It runs past my door here in Cotgrave and is never busy enough to cause problems. Plus I can be picked up much easier;)
Sounds good in theory, but taking 40 minutes to get from Newark to Leicester Forest sort of defeats the object ..... might try going all the way down on the A1 and see what happens ..... though that means I won;t be able to pick you up, then again I'm travelling back on Monday ......... nice try Pedro :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back