Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate has just asked if we fancy going over to Dublin in July. Never been and although it sounds class, was wondering how much sheckles i would need out there? Is it still expensive? Him and his lass are on about stopping about 15 mins drive away from the centre and reckons about 280 for both of us fri-sun.
Is there plenty of traditional sing song bars as i call them, as i don't fancy going to an irish wetherspoons

you'll need a re mortgage. its expensive. and yes, plenty diddley-dee bars.

and why stay 15 minutes drive away? get yourself in the city centre.

Can't stand it. Impossible to get around in a car. Very expensive.

Brilliant city, my brother lives there. £300 will see you comfortably but stop in the city centre, no point paying for taxis.

Where abouts are you staying?

It can be cheaper staying outside the city. Keep away from temple bar.
No idea. Just ad had a text from my mate last night asking if we are interested in going with them. He's in Turkey at the minute so just a few texts exchanged. Our mate lives in Dublin so we would be seeing him over there. Never been but quite fancy the idea

My mate has just asked if we fancy going over to Dublin in July. Never been and although it sounds class, was wondering how much sheckles i would need out there? Is it still expensive? Him and his lass are on about stopping about 15 mins drive away from the centre and reckons about 280 for both of us fri-sun.
Is there plenty of traditional sing song bars as i call them, as i don't fancy going to an irish wetherspoons
The "traditional sing song" bars that are in Dublin City are there for tourists. You only get the real thing down the country. You'll get fleeced for booze in them. Was in a bar in temple car recently. Ordered a pint. Was asked for €6.95 for it. Told bar man I wasn't paying that and went elsewhere. Max you should pay for a lager is €5.50 and a fiver for Guinness.

The "traditional sing song" bars that are in Dublin City are there for tourists. You only get the real thing down the country. You'll get fleeced for booze in them. Was in a bar in temple car recently. Ordered a pint. Was asked for €6.95 for it. Told bar man I wasn't paying that and went elsewhere. Max you should pay for a lager is €5.50 and a fiver for Guinness.
Fuck me, that is steep! With our mate living there, i was hoping he would be able to show us the best/cheaper places to go. My lass drinks wine! I bet that costs a bomb

I went for a few after work one night and it was €4.90 for Heineken in the bars around talbot st. People said that's cheap.

It's between €4.50/€4.75 for a pint in Balbriggan and Drogheda. You can get Carling or Fosters for €3.50.

Horrible place, avoid at all costs, makes some eastern european cities look like vegas.

Go to belfast instead, at least only 50% or so of the locals will have a deep rooted hatred for you

:lol::lol:

Fuck me, that is steep! With our mate living there, i was hoping he would be able to show us the best/cheaper places to go. My lass drinks wine! I bet that costs a bomb
You will get cheaper than I said, that's just the max I would pay. if your mates been living here for a while he'll know places to go.

Horrible place, avoid at all costs, makes some eastern european cities look like vegas.

Go to belfast instead, at least only 50% or so of the locals will have a deep rooted hatred for you
Go fist yourself.

We don't hate the British. You're just an arsehole. That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back