Duncan Watmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody hell, an articulate footballer.

I wonder when they recruit for the Academy if having a nickname that ends with an 'y' is an essential. I wonder if that means Brownie will be joining the staff, JoS doesn't stand a chance
Seeing as most of his colleagues call him 'Shaysy' I'd say he has a great chance !

Come's across a decent & articulate lad.
Football wise I think we need to treat him as a impact sub someone that can bring some energy when the oppo are tired. I'm not sure he'll be a 1st team regular just don't think he'll command a starting place. I know Defoe compared him to Bale but that was just his running style as opposed to what everyone has grasped & compared them as players. As much as young Duncan is a nice lad he'll never be in the same class of Bale. I hope I'm wrong for SAFC sake & his. He'll probably float around our squad for a few more years & get a club in the championship.

IMHO Dunc should now be a first team regular. He gives us that pace and drive we've been missing. I also get that sense that I had after I'd seen Henderson play 9 or 10 games that we have the real deal here, not a prospect a la Reddy or a decent but unspectacular pro like Leadbitter. We may as well play him while we have him, I see a big future for this lad.

Doesn't he have a degree in finance or summat ? Always refreshing to hear from a footballer that isn't a complete dipshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back